Discuss worst ive seen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
started a rip out today on ahouse that had water damage,we estimated how bad it was going to be but couldnt beleive what we were met with:yikes::yikes:

took 2 off us from 8am to 7pm to get it all out,80 bags of waste in the end,the shower tray waste pipe was a glue fitting but hadnt been glued and the water was pouring out all over the joists which were lying on a dpm and this had been fitted 6 years prior:yikes:

5 joists turned to mush as soon as we lifted the floor only 1 was left intact,these were lying on a 6 inch bed of what can only be described as wet mud and old crisp packets,,,with a severe worm infestation as we were in there digging it out with spades :yikes: tiles looked ok on most walls until i removed and the plaster fell off the brick to waist height all round the room as well as it had been soaking up the water for so long,also in areas it was tile on tile wit plasterboard glued to the last row of tiles to finsih off the walls,,a complete shocker weve had to stop all work after gutting it till the insurance loss adjustor turns up to look at it tomorow:yikes:

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
took some on my mobile mark,,taking more when we re start with my camera ill add to this thread as we go along i think..it was like a shipwreck,,un der the tray was old bits of wood,,biscuit tin lids,,,concrete poured in basically anything to shore the tray up with ..as for the joists never seen anything like it

the water has gone throo to the bedroom right throo the brick and the entire wall needs taking off in there as well,,nice earner but how can someone let there property get in such a state is beyond me

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
I'm amazed that they did'nt even realise, the smell could have been a givaway or a damp patch on the ceiling

to be honest it wasnt smelling till we ripped out,,its ground floor so no one under either,,the giveaway was the floor started warping big time...initially they asked me to re tile that small section:lol: to which i advidsed them they have got major issues in there bathroom

W

White Room

well maybe john,,well have to just wait and see,,its not been a flood of water though its been sitting in the ground wet and damp and the brick has been soaking it up,,now weve got all the plaster of the walls and just the bare brick exposed im hoping its going to dry quicker,,time shall tell:thumbsup:

Tend to agree with tj, that water has had to go somewhere after about 6 years.

S

Scott

Dont want to be the airer (no pun intended) of bad news but i did a water damage job the was in an upstairs shower valve leaking. It was leaking for a long time but nowhere near the damage you are talking about.

The insurance company made the customer leave it for almost 10 months. It was so long i assumed she had got someone to finish the job for her.

I reckon she and you will be in for a long wait. In fact with no bathroom then the house is uninhabitable, id be suprised if the insurance company dont move her out with a baby due.

Reply to worst ive seen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
V
morning all. been doing work for a building company for a few years now, i went to do a kitchen...
Replies
Views
Perry
P
M
Hi, hope that someone might be able to help. We are currently in the process of tiling our...
Replies
Views
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

kilty55

Arms
TF
edinburgh

Thread Information

Title
worst ive seen
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.