Discuss Would you fix thin tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

i fixed simlar tiles but a smaller size a couple of years ago now cant remember the exact size but the customer got them from b&q,it was a bit hairy but as has been said the right adhesive and the right trowel and you are fine,although i must admit i was a bit wary about walking on them,but never had a call back from customer so i presume all is well,but ive never seen them since

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Never fixed them but wouldn't have a problem quoting for them.

Amazed how many on here don't own or have access to a 1200 cutter. What do you do when you go to look at a job and they've bought metre tiles?

have yet to get that phone call.....would cross that bridge when I come to it, would really have to think is it worth spending £400/£500 on a cutter your only going to use once a blue moon, my local tile supplier got one I could hire so would go down that root first till there was more call for it..

S

Spud

I'd have no problem fixing them,the bigger the better for me,and but i most defo would not travel to London to fit em,I'd go to London to visit a mate,but to work,nah,it's a hole ,I don't know anyone who likes London,apart from Londoners :)
you dont know it that well then, London has some outstanding places to see and is one of the most visited tourist cities in the world, I dont live in london but it is a great place to work and to socialize and if I could afford it I would have a place near the river :thumbsup:

P

Protilers

you dont know it that well then, London has some outstanding places to see and is one of the most visited tourist cities in the world, I dont live in london but it is a great place to work and to socialize and if I could afford it I would have a place near the river :thumbsup:

hahhahahaahah.....wanna swap Gary? my house Is 1min from the river near Millbank.........I could do with some fresh air...and looking at some green thingies.......what are the called.....you know.....big things....brown at the bottom and green on top........got flappy thingies on........and the drop off in autumn.......cant think of the name for the life of me!

all the best pal

Lee....

P.s sorry I missed your call this morning........phone was on mute.....I tried to call tou back a couple of times but got no answer......I presumed you were busy............call me if you need to....phone is on until 11pm

Lee

P

Protilers

just phoned to say Hi and say what a great job you did in meopham, it looks amazing the customer must be well happy, I will give you a buzz tomorrow I am working a stones throw from your place and tried to call you on Thursday to see if you fancied a beer but couldnt get through ,call you tomorrow :thumbsup:

sounds great to me Gary.....hopefully Albert will have his job done and dusted.....maybe we could all meet up?......ALBERT?......

hhehhhheehheeeee....talk to you tommorrow bud........Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

J

jonnyc

If all tiles were like this and I was in tiling I guess I would fix them but I actually don't see the the point of them except to possibly reduce the cost of production for manufacturer and the aesthetically pleasing look of large format that is in vogue now.
i cannot see any advantage for the tiler,,just aggro trying to get large format tiles that are very thin to bed flush with each other.
i see arguments that the very thin tile sorts out loads of problems with weight on walls,but infix stone I don't have many issues with the weight of stone tiles at all let alone a normal large format porcelain.

my worry is not the size of tile but the work space needed to mark and cut tiles.The hallway would be a tight sqeeze,the loo,out of the question.This just leaves the master bedroom and if there is no garden there may be an empty parking place some where in the street where hopefully you have enough change to feed the parking meter with out getting a ticket.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
hahhahahahahhahahaaa.........its a lot of things Wilder......but a "hole!".......really!........

I agree some 'decent places' but yes a 'hole' mate :) I've been plenty of times as well ;)
Its bit like Manchester really,some 'decent places but most of it is a 'hole' :)
Then again I live in Burnley, well posh ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
If all tiles were like this and I was in tiling I guess I would fix them but I actually don't see the the point of them except to possibly reduce the cost of production for manufacturer and the aesthetically pleasing look of large format that is in vogue now.
i cannot see any advantage for the tiler,,just aggro trying to get large format tiles that are very thin to bed flush with each other.
i see arguments that the very thin tile sorts out loads of problems with weight on walls,but infix stone I don't have many issues with the weight of stone tiles at all let alone a normal large format porcelain.

I actually think they look like that plastic stuff you see in caravan showers,just big bloody panels :)

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

I actually think they look like that plastic stuff you see in caravan showers,just big bloody panels :)
yes you are probaley write must have some great caravans up there DSC03349.jpg DSC03902.jpg IMG_0165.jpg IMG_0170.jpg IMG_0218.jpg IMG_0220.jpg IMG_0220.jpg IMG_0237.jpg :sofahide:

Reply to Would you fix thin tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello! We have an issue with 12 cracked large format thin porcelain tiles (1500x1500x6mm). They...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB