Discuss would you have stopped the "closer" here ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dougs Third Go

..or pulled it through to the end of the shower area?, The closer stops full length tile at the end of the former, but just looking at the pics I wondered if it would look better if I'd continued it to the checkout cut.

10352785_10202733829159924_4231773241867490516_n.jpg

10341508_10202733827279877_7329194531322316373_n.jpg

D

Dougs Third Go

Doug it's hard to tell from the pics but you mention the check out tile around the cupboard, so assume this is reduced in size? Can't tell from the pic (which is a good thing!) you reduced in width by 10mm I assume?
this may be another term that gets lost in translation due to locale, I've always called an "L" shaped cut a checkout cut, just because my old boss called it that.

C

Colour Republic

I was talking about the wall tiles

It's debatable what you would do there. I suppose 3 options - 1) Do as Doug has done to keep the large tiles intact. 2) Split the tiles so you have a join down the middle of the width 3) Make the mosaics wider

It's personally preference really on what each person thinks looks better. Think I would have been tempted to make the mosaic wider but then that might not have been an option depending on what was happening in the rest of the room.

Reply to would you have stopped the "closer" here ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB