Discuss Wrong Adhesive Used... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Lol how can you accidentally use that ? :). From what i can see, its a floor adhesive designed to stick tiles onto floorboards and such... From my limited experience of doing a floor with pre mixed (once) if you leave it a good few days resisting walking on it I think it will hold myself. I think some of these guys here are guilty of being a little "jobsworth" on this one personally. Floor boards move about, Screeded floors are solid. If you had used non flexible adhesive on floor boards then you would have been stuffed but this way round will probably be ok. OMG i just saw,, you ripped them all up.. oh well,, live and learn burp

Lol!!!

C

charlie1

Lol how can you accidentally use that ? :). From what i can see, its a floor adhesive designed to stick tiles onto floorboards and such... From my limited experience of doing a floor with pre mixed (once) if you leave it a good few days resisting walking on it I think it will hold myself. I think some of these guys here are guilty of being a little "jobsworth" on this one personally. Floor boards move about, Screeded floors are solid. If you had used non flexible adhesive on floor boards then you would have been stuffed but this way round will probably be ok. OMG i just saw,, you ripped them all up.. oh well,, live and learn burp

forgive the tilers on here seeming like they are very particular on their materials but some of the guys on here are fitting 100's of meters every week so it does really need to be right like Stef says or after a month of bad fixing you could find yourself in a right old mess!

S

StylesTilesMan

Yes limited experience of using pre mixed on floors as after the first time i realised it was bad. I have been a tiler for the last 8 years, also have done numerous house renivasions from start to finish giving me a good understanding of what works and what doesnt. (I am no 1 trick pony). Also 2 years in college (one week in 4) learning Tiling getting lectures of members of the tiling association on how to do jobs up to british standards specifications. Number of tiled floors onto floorboards i have tiled no floors onto floor boards as its an unwise thing to do. What i ment by my previous comment was,, that the floor he has done in his property, its started so may as well chance it. If he had done it for a customer i would have said pull it up every time hence what i ment by "jobsworth". I didnt mean any offence

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wrong Adhesive Used... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
I have recently laid around 30msq of porcelain floor tiles in our kitchen. The tiles have been...
Replies
Views
I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a very small area (1m.sq) on an exterior doorway entrance wall to tile. I would...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB