Discuss You have got to do this!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

Doug

Its just so wrong to go skydiving let me fill you in with my (thank him above )one try

1 i was strapped to a bloke who looked like a minature version of Wolf of the gladiators
2 the blokes who got out at 15 thousand or so ft and held onto the outside of the plane before letting go and my god did they disappear a bit quick to do their arial ballet they are just not right in the head
3 when you are in a plane they dont normally take off the 6mm ply wood door and it dosnt normally fill with clouds i would suggest 22mm and overboard with no more flying
4 when it your turn to have a go and you get shuffled across to the doorway whilst sitting on baby wolfs lap and he dangles you out at 12 th ft the feeling of impending doom is large v large
5 sorry i forgot the 1st one the only advice i got given was " Do not headbutt the fella you are strapped to as you will then die if he is knocked out " i was v carefull
5 right so your on the edge or the plane and he rocks back then forward and then you are doing 120 miles an hour in approx 2 seconds Correct me if im wrong but give or take a second or two all i know is thats a bit too much for my sences to control

6 so when the shute opens and your floating back to earth make sure your nads are either side of the straps as its not a great moment in your life
7 and the bit they dont tell you at about 2th ft they can release two catches that drop you a couple of inches so you can land a bit easier well i thought i was been jettersoned
8 would i do it again ?

If i didnt have kids then

Hell yes

but your all mad
ha ha Chris, just a couple of points (bearing in mind it was a tandem you did)
5) takes 12 seconds to reach terminal velocity, typically on a tandem this will be 120mph, if not on a tandem, you an go "delta" and then "no lift dive" these positions are reached by gradually pulling your arms into your sides and pointing your head down, first time I tried this I nearly poohed my pants and pulled out of it:lol:

6) your tandem master opens a chute as soon as your clear of the aircraft, it's only a little chute called a drogue, but it keeps you stable and your speed under control until he releases the main ripcord
7) the dreaded 3 ring "D" rings:smilewinkgrin: always good for a laugh:thumbsup:

Reply to You have got to do this!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have redone the tiles (porcelain ones) in the kitchen. The grout used, BAL...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
You have got to do this!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.