Discuss You think you have had a bad day!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

Took my motorbike in to the shop last week for new chain and sprockets, ended up needing new chain and sprockets, new rear tyre, new rear brake pads and new section of exhaust! Total of £700. The guys in the shop say Im the customer of the month. On the up side the bike rides like a dream, can not believe how smooth and quick the thing is now. Took it down to meet my brother this afternoon and some very kind polish lady decided to drive into me. Im fine, twisted back, a dead leg and a splitting head ache but my lovely bike took a tumble. Great :mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

Took my motorbike in to the shop last week for new chain and sprockets, ended up needing new chain and sprockets, new rear tyre, new rear brake pads and new section of exhaust! Total of £700. The guys in the shop say Im the customer of the month. On the up side the bike rides like a dream, can not believe how smooth and quick the thing is now. Took it down to meet my brother this afternoon and some very kind polish lady decided to drive into me. Im fine, twisted back, a dead leg and a splitting head ache but my lovely bike took a tumble. Great :mad2:

Oh no!! Awwh, don't know what to say, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy sounds wrong somehow, :lol: but hopefully you get the sentiment :) Rest well, main thing is you're ok :grouphug:

R

Rich

was it one of the 'sorry mate i didn't see you' crowd, glad your ok, first thing i did when i got my bike was to fit crash bobbins can save you a small fortune.

and i just put a new back tyre on my bike £140 and i'll be lucky to get 2000 miles out of it :yikes:

They were her exact words! Thankfully I have bobbins on it, they took the brunt of it. Also thankful of my leathers, good old Alpinestars. Im hoping that the damage is cosmetic but I will have to wait and see. Thank you all :thumbsup:

U

user123

What are bobbins? There was a programme on the other day that explained how protective leather gear is for bikers, really impressive, glad it was true for you, too. Hope you didn't get the wrong end of the stick with my attempt to make you feel better above, meant something like it shouldn't happen to nice guys like you... :) there is a motorbike awareness campaign going on on the local radio right now, about really looking and expecting to see bikes as well as cars, hope it'll sink in.

R

Rich

What are bobbins? There was a programme on the other day that explained how protective leather gear is for bikers, really impressive, glad it was true for you, too. Hope you didn't get the wrong end of the stick with my attempt to make you feel better above, meant something like it shouldn't happen to nice guys like you... :) there is a motorbike awareness campaign going on on the local radio right now, about really looking and expecting to see bikes as well as cars, hope it'll sink in.

I know what you mean :lol: and thank you. Crash bobbins are little rubber blocks that stick out a little way out the side of your bike, they protect the bike if it goes over at low speed. Im glad the leathers worked as they cost a small fortune.

I think its brilliant these bike awareness campaign, the truth is that we just dont look for bikes when driving. But what really gets up my nose is the stigma that still goes with riding a bike, people seem to think that you ride everywhere at 140mph risking every other road user and eating children. Not all of that is true!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to You think you have had a bad day!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
C
Sorry guys and gals this is not a very cheerful thread but after the week that i have had i...
Replies
Views
AMtek
A
K
well as you all know i was working on my mums job till today when she went to fare. just cant do...
Replies
Views
kent tiler
K
it all started last friday when i noticed my eyes weren't quite right, i was finding it hard to...
Replies
Views
Just home after one of those days. Pitched up to tile floor and lay Durabase and guess what no...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
You think you have had a bad day!?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.