Discuss Your first car in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

So will someone explain to me.............we have all had old sheds/bangers in the past which we got with our own hard earned cash.......or as in Oli's case. Nowt

We all tinkered/fiddled with them and put on the bling (when I say bling.....I mean, it was bling in them days) you remember........go fast stripes, chrome wheel trims and the like.

Nowadays, I can't help wonder where the hell the young-ens of today get the money for the fully blinged up & top of the range customised jobs, todays kids have.

I know "Daddy" will have helped them out....maybe, But a lot of the cars they drive are sports cars compared to the likes of Allegro's and Chevettes.

I had a Chevette as well.........saloon :yikes:. Great car until the wife reversed into a road.....and missed. :mad2::mad2:

I reckon bank loans and credit cards CJ :yikes:

I used to be into the "bling" scene and was constantly looking at new alloy wheels and air filters etc. Cars with bling are worth nowt unless you look after the engine and bodywork too :oops:

After university I spent my last 2k of savings (much to the horror of my bank) on a deposit for a brand new Fiat Punto on 0% finance. Had that car for 5 years, kept it fully serviced and repaired and sold it for 2k cash :hurray: winner!

T

theyomper

Having passed my test in a Landrover that you had to double de clutch and no power steering my first was a Hillman Avenger.....bliss no double de clutching. Then a Fiat 124 special T.....that had a rev counter!!! But my favourite then was an old MG Midget with a valve radio and a faulty slave cylinder. Now if I'm feeling lazy it's the Saab Convertible or if I feel like an adrenelin rush it's the Cooper S.

D

doug boardley

Having passed my test in a Landrover that you had to double de clutch and no power steering my first was a Hillman Avenger.....bliss no double de clutching. Then a Fiat 124 special T.....that had a rev counter!!! But my favourite then was an old MG Midget with a valve radio and a faulty slave cylinder. Now if I'm feeling lazy it's the Saab Convertible or if I feel like an adrenelin rush it's the Cooper S.
not a centurion tank then yomps:lol::lol:

D

DHTiling

It does here john..

Volkswagen_Polo_Coupe_Cambridge_1981.jpg

C

CJ CERAMICS

I disagree mate..i loved them and always wanted one...:drool5:

but a lot better motors out now,,:thumbsup:
oh i loved the car dave it was and still is my favourite car it was just the intake scoops on the wheel arches and the overly square wheel arches that took away the look of the old RS2000 which always had people asking what model it was, mind you him having a rally company race tune the engine was a good idea.

T

theyomper

not a centurion tank then yomps:lol::lol:

I was a Royal Marine we didn't have that luxury.........that's what boots were for :lol:

Talking of Centurion Tanks though, I was once put in one that was used as a moving target for anti-tank training and had a few practice missiles hurled at me. Fortunately it have an extra 20 tons of armour and did 15 gallons of fuel to one mile :yikes:

T

theyomper

Photo of 'Muvver' in brothers first car if you can call it that!! The other is one that my Father built from scratch, chassis, bodywork etc, even had silver rivets in the steering wheel and for the name plate, built for a client.

So who can identify the cars in the background??

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 055.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

Photo of 'Muvver' in brothers first car if you can call it that!! The other is one that my Father built from scratch, chassis, bodywork etc, even had silver rivets in the steering wheel and for the name plate, built for a client.

So who can identify the cars in the background??

A bubble car as we called them, the other one looks a bit an MG but I reckon I'm wrong

T

theyomper

A bubble car as we called them, the other one looks a bit an MG but I reckon I'm wrong

Bubble car correct TROJAN. The yellow one was called a Guy's Special, named after the son of the customer that commisioned it was a one off custom car so to speak. My father made this around 1958, it was featured in Classic Car mag a few years back and i believe it is still around inthe Brighton area.

The other cars are the ones in the background of the bubble car.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Your first car in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
How to drill a hole in a steel bath. At 365Drills we provide either the equipment you need or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
Hi, Been lurking around the forum for the last couple of days and began to feel a bit...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Your first car
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.