Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Dave

I see you have a chrome towel rail, are the pipes coming out of the wall I take it?

Or is it just heated by electric?

D

davemul

Morning Bob :8:

Yup it used to be an old mank radiator with exposed pipework and the pipes had 10 layers of drippy paint on them.

Binned the lot and replumbed in to the wall

61aeee80.jpg

D

davemul

quick hoover.. seal off the shower tray and check UFH mat is still ok and time lay the slc...

fcaa2063.jpg

50b489e9.jpg

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Morning Bob :8:

Yup it used to be an old mank radiator with exposed pipework and the pipes had 10 layers of drippy paint on them.

Binned the lot and replumbed in to the wall

61aeee80.jpg

For the finishing touch you can use chrome plated copper pipe to the rad valves, it looks loads neater than copper. Granted only 2 inch will be on show though. I buy it in 3M lengths but you can buy tails from Screwfix which come with shrouds. File the chrome plate off to solder and don't use push fits with it.

D

davemul

UFH now encased. Took about 2.5 bags

173b3cd9.jpg

472feb20.jpg

31fa64d9.jpg

7bf54a78.jpg

Now to leave.. I guess 24 hours before I can tile the floor?

A

Aston

hi davemul
well done for having the courage and the confidence to take all this variety of work on.
keep it going, actually dont, you'll be doing us all out of a job ;0)

ed

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen