Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

Haha, well I take them all on an iPhone and there is a photobucket app that takes them from the phone and uploads them. Easy as peas! copy paste links, jobs a good'un!

I have taken and posted a hell of a lot of photo's, but this threads purpose other than getting advice from you pro's.. and hopefully helping others.. is to keep a log for myself showing what work was involved.

sorry to all if it gets a bit monotonous and boring :)

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
No,no keep them coming.

I think I'll get myself an Iphone, my Blackberry is two years old and the mic has already gone crackley. Can't even hear what folk are saying.

D

davemul

Layed some tiles...

714b3492.jpg

5a3d5ee5.jpg

Only joking.. just setting out, being a bit curious.

All seems ok from what I can see... anyone see any pitfalls? I set out from the doorway. First thing you see I guess.. made sense

I do have one question right now.... Now the SLC is down, I have a 5mm or so step down to the shower tray.

Would I be ok to use some tile adhesive to smooth from the SLC surface down to the shower tray? kind of like a gradual slope? I dont mind the slope, could be worse, the tray could be higher! :lol:

Im using mosaics for the tray so they should follow the slope ok...?

excuse dust/slc shavings :D

c8d6032e.jpg

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stewart

Feather the edge of shower tray with adhesive and allow to set....

Created on iPhone.....

D

davemul

Cool, thanks Stewart

Whats the best way to cut mosaics? has anyone done it with a big clinker (hate that name!)

Should I cut by the drain? or should I cut where the mosaic meets the floor tiles?

2901a9cf.jpg

99871707.jpg

c7089aac.jpg

Q

Qwerty

Looking good mate :thumbsup:

I would personally cut where it meets the floor tiles. Is there any way of keeping full tiles at both areas? Do what is right for the wet area, then work out from there. It is the feature area of the floor after all. It looks pretty good to me though, may need the floor tiles shifting a few mm here or there to get the required look of no cuts in the mosaics.....hope that all made sense :lol:

D

davemul

Looking good mate :thumbsup:

I would personally cut where it meets the floor tiles. Is there any way of keeping full tiles at both areas? Do what is right for the wet area, then work out from there. It is the feature area of the floor after all. It looks pretty good to me though, may need the floor tiles shifting a few mm here or there to get the required look of no cuts in the mosaics.....hope that all made sense :lol:

Perfect sense mate, Thank you :thumbsup: I think I will cut the tiles down on the doorway row, this will enable me to bring a full tile to the mosaic where the screen will end.

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen