Search the forum,

Discuss Films and box sets recommendations? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just started watching The Deuce, only 2 episodes in but really good so far.

Best film I think I have watched in 2018 is Manchester by the Sea, it’s a couple of years old but Casey Affleck is a quality actor.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Oh and Dark Tourist is on my watch list but haven’t got round to watching it yet.

G

GoneGuy

I watched a good film other night called
Den of thieves.
Also I have been recommended a series called
The last kingdom

W

Waluigi

I watched that Netflix series similar to ‘Making A Murderer’

7.5/10. Not bad.

The Innocent Man

Seen all the usual series years ago and haven’t really been gripped by anything for ages

O

Old Mod

Vampire diaries Andy.
Yeah I thought that too, but after a couple of episodes, got hooked.
It becomes far more about the relationships with the brothers.

W

Waluigi

Film of the year has to be Bohemian Rhapsody.

I went to see it twice with my 12 year old Daughter as she is a huge Queen Fan.

Maliks performance as Freddy was superb and the Live Aid scene alone was stunning viewing. I got a tingle when the virtual helicopter swooped down across the crowd and flew towards the stage.

9/10

Edit: I don’t think it’s out yet unless you’re happy to watch a screener.

H

hmtiling

Just started watching The Deuce, only 2 episodes in but really good so far.

Best film I think I have watched in 2018 is Manchester by the Sea, it’s a couple of years old but Casey Affleck is a quality actor.
the Deuce is excellent

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
the Deuce is excellent

If it carries on the way it started I think this could overtake Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul on my top tv list.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I prefer it to breaking bad but I thought that was overrated. The sopranos is the pinnacle of tv in my eyes with the wire coming in second

The Sopranos, absolute quality, that’s definately in my top 3.

W

Waluigi

For me Sopranos is the finest piece of TV viewing that has ever been and unlikely to ever be challenged.

I might have to start The Deuce. Sounds interesting.

W

Waluigi

Absolutely right, made amends now and couldn’t agree more with your post. If I could agree more than once I would :D

Agree with your statement about the Wire too. Slipped under the radar for many but a superb series. Favourite is season 1. The characters alone on that show are brilliant.

Reply to Films and box sets recommendations? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen