Preparation Floor prep after flood

Search the forum,

Discuss Floor prep after flood in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
A little help guys.

I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring.

My issue is this,
The property unfortunately flooded throughout. Now although I'm told it's all dry now I'm reluctant to tile direct to the screed/slab.
What I need is answer regarding the use of ditra in this scenario as a vapour/moisture barrier in this scenario.
Also if you feel that taping the joints would be needed.

I've done something very similar to this before with someone that was a member of the forum here. Although I didn't spec or price the job we installed ditra and kerdi tape on all the joints.

I think what I'm after is pros to support the use of ditra in relation to protecting the new floor after flooding

Tile Marble Granite

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
A little help guys.

I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring.

My issue is this,
The property unfortunately flooded throughout. Now although I'm told it's all dry now I'm reluctant to tile direct to the screed/slab.
What I need is answer regarding the use of ditra in this scenario as a vapour/moisture barrier in this scenario.
Also if you feel that taping the joints would be needed.

I've done something very similar to this before with someone that was a member of the forum here. Although I didn't spec or price the job we installed ditra and kerdi tape on all the joints.

I think what I'm after is pros to support the use of ditra in relation to protecting the new floor after flooding
Floor needs to be dry 100% then Ditra Matting installation and of course tape the joints. That's the best you can do as a tiler. Send us some pictures. Good luck!

Reply to Floor prep after flood in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen