Search the forum,

Discuss Green crap on chipboard floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Frankie

Hi guys, can anyone tell me the best way to get that green waxy stuff of chip board floors so I can bond it, it just clogs up my sander so I have been using a scraper

Regards Frank

S

sWe

Yeah, overboard it... Isn't exactly ideal to tile (or pour slc, or much else either for that matter) directly onto chipboard.

W

wetdec

The green stuff is wax which they add when they make the board.

If you ask the majority of adhesive co's they will mumble their way through which adhesive or product you can use on it but wont guaranteed satisfaction.

The reason : Because houses have central heating & hot pipes the temp of the board rises and the wax can soften and release adhesives etc.

tiler

S

sWe

The green stuff is wax which they add when they make the board.

If you ask the majority of adhesive co's they will mumble their way through which adhesive or product you can use on it but wont guaranteed satisfaction.

The reason : Because houses have central heating & hot pipes the temp of the board rises and the wax can soften and release adhesives etc.

tiler

You said what I couldn't be arsed to :thumbsup:

W

wivers

I have tiled onto with 2 part flexi and it was fine, but like the lads say product companies wont recomend it.

S

smartile

Granfix say their Ultimateflex adhesive is good to use on this providing the board is keyed and primed first. Have used it alot and it sticks like s**t!

T

tkm18

Glue and screw

What kind of glue?

And how many screws?

Never used it and only read the documentation thats says stick it with addy and a few screws, making it useless on this kind of waxed chipboard IMO.

Wouldnt like to stick then find it popping a couple of weeks later.

Reply to Green crap on chipboard floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen