• Thread starter Paul2468
  • Start date
  • Replies 29
  • Views 5K
Search the forum,

Discuss Kickboards in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul2468

Hi, i wonder if anyone has had issues with underfloor heating escaping from area by kickboards, where the tile is cut to feet of units?
Thanks in advance

P

Paul2468

No not under units the kitchen was in place before tiling so could only tile to feet of units. So wondered as cable close to an exposed edge heat could be escaping out the side of tile, yes floor is heating up ok, issue is where kickboards are not as warm as rest of floor.

O

Old Mod

Did u see the cable laid into the matting?
Sounds like it hasn't been taken close enough to the edge.
Insulation boards, in an ideal situation, would be laid on a screed to prevent heat being radiated downward.

J

J Sid

As @3_fall said, screed is probably heating up and he's is migrating.
I haven't used this heating system but would have thought a insulation board should have been used.
Measure the screed temperature under the units if you can.

O

Old Mod

And how far away is the cold spot?
Is that what Schluter specify, 75mm
Personally probably would have taken it closer.

Reply to Kickboards in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen