Search the forum,

Discuss my wetroom in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Im getting close to the point now where I wil be putting in my wetroom tray. Bought Marmox in the end as got a really really good deal on it. I need to stick it down to the plywood. SO my question... what adhesive should I use. Standard set flexi, rapid set flexi, something extra special. and what primer... is there a special primer for plywood. If it were screed I would know...but its not so Im asking.

Also I have purchased some natural slate from Walls and Floors for the floor along with some sealer... do I use the same addy for those... and finally I bought Mattstone sealer... from memory this goes on before grouting then again after grouting...is that right.

thanks in anticipation as usual...pictures will follow shortly.

O

One Day

Alan, I'd use any old S1 adhesive to stick the tray with. 10mm notch, nice wet mix and back-skim the tray.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Usual logic applies, try to stick with the same manufacturer throughout the process. Prime every edge and face of the ply not just the surface receiving the tiles. I'd go with an S1 rapid addy. LTP Mattstone is a good sealer but imo there's better out there. You'll most likely need to reapply every couple of years at least. DryTreat Original is a fantastic impregnator, and don't forget @Lithofin BOB. They do some superb products, from cleaning through to sealing.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Usual logic applies, try to stick with the same manufacturer throughout the process. Prime every edge and face of the ply not just the surface receiving the tiles. I'd go with an S1 rapid addy. LTP Mattstone is a good sealer but imo there's better out there. You'll most likely need to reapply every couple of years at least. DryTreat Original is a fantastic impregnator, and don't forget @Lithofin BOB. They do some superb products, from cleaning through to sealing.

cheers Impish... Will probably use something from Tilemaster or Norcross... Although given that I will only need probably one or maybe two bags I might well just get some mapei from B&Q.

Impish .... thanks... I will be doin every thing I can to make it work. I am buying very aggressively generally but wont cut corners on the installation. the mattstone sealer came with the tiles so was also a very good deal...

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Your mattstone ,should be fine for this instalation
Once all moisture is released from the instal , 1-2 saturations, remove all excess
Let cure ,12-24 hours
Check grout release
Grout, once fully dry, final application to impregnate all.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ah..of course. i.e. seal the tiles ungrouted then try a small area with grout and make sure it comes off easily... if it does then grout. If it doesn't apply another round of sealer....

Now I understand...

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well... Here we go... About to mosaic tile the shower floor... first ever time with mosaics. There does seem to be a lot of mesh on them though :(.... will post some pics once its done

O

One Day

Well... Here we go... About to mosaic tile the shower floor... first ever time with mosaics. There does seem to be a lot of mesh on them though :(.... will post some pics once its done
Mosaic trowel Alan and tamp them down using a grout float. Nice and easy!

T

Time's Ran Out

What size mosaic and how thick are they?
Have you fixed the rest of the slate floor yet?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
they are 50mm x 50mm slate mosaics on polypropylene mesh. all in...just awaiting adhesive setting so i can seal and grout. they arenthe neatest looking tiles but the grout will make them look better methinks...

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
oh amd they are varying depths from about 8mm up to about 12mm and there isnt a rest of the floor its the shower base so all mosaic.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
and i patted them down but decided they didnt bed well enough so walked on them a bit...

Reply to my wetroom in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen