Search the forum,

Discuss Self leveling problem in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Jim Bob

TF
Reaction score
Hi all. I don’t really post, I get all my info usually from just searching.

I have just attempted to self level my living room and hall way.
I’m just after advice as it’s hasn’t exactly “ gone well “
I used mapei 3240. Mix to what the bag said. Left it couples minutes. Remixed.
I poured it, trowel it around into the corners and pulled from hall to living room.

What I appear to have ended up with is a nice grey cement looking floor with low points.
I tired last night mixing up the last bit of the bag and even out the big dip in the middle ( the lighter grey in the photo ).

Before I go and buy more - I was going to get self level that will do 1-10mm.
Mix it up and try just hit the dips.
Is this going to work? Or am I just adding more issues to an already s*** job.

But also, is there something I did wrong to begin with? This was a concrete floor that was actually pretty flat. I’m laying wood flooring but needed to raise the floor to match the kitchen finished floor level.

The blue marker paint is were I see the Biggest dips.
I have about 25sqm of extension and kitchen to level next for tiling and I don’t want to be in the same situation.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 133B1FA3-A293-4A96-992E-5D0C23DBC09C.jpeg
    427.7 KB · Views: 37

Reply to Self leveling problem in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen