Search the forum,

Discuss should i remove these now? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tom1976

greetings good people !

diyer here. go easy.....
am using a tablet pc so have spent lots of time trying to find the rules on brick bond on these 200x300 tiles but despite joining i can't see pics...

question is my wife spotted that i have folded(? correct term?) the tiles at the top of the window down under the reveal. hard to explain but essentially the way i have set them out carries the illusion that the tiles are actually the faces of whole blocks.
most of the 'rules' i have read about go with aesthetic common sense but this matter i am not sure of

any thoughts?

excellent site btw :smilewinkgrin:

Attachments

• 20120708_104327.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 112
S

Stef

:welcome:

Personally i would move them over. You might end up with a small cut at the right hand side though.

Looks good. :thumbsup:

B

bugs183

It's down to the individual job really. Sometimes you wrap them sometimes you don't.
Personally i think you've done a great job, windows are one of the hardest part of a bathroom to do.
I'd put your feet up and watch the grand prix!

T

tom1976

thanks for the replies guys. just pointed a mate at it and he was at a loss as to what the issue might be. think i wont rip them.down ...

D

DHTiling

If you had centered the window , then when you do the brick bond into the window head you would not have got the small cut you would have got had you brick set the head on the lay out you have now.

So seen as what you have done gives the best overall look than a small cut then leave it be..but her is doors is be obeyed and if she does not like what you have done then either disagree and live life in the dog house, or change and have peace.. :lol:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
"Wrapping" as you describe it is exactly how i do it. With the intention for it to look like blocks (as you describe). It's down to personal preference. I think what you've done looks spot on, and it's a second glance to notice the window isn't centred. Good job.

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If you had centered the window , then when you do the brick bond into the window head you would not have got the small cut you would have got had you brick set the head on the lay out you have now.

So seen as what you have done gives the best overall look than a small cut then leave it be..but her is doors is be obeyed and if she does not like what you have done then either disagree and live life in the dog house, or change and have peace.. :lol:
good point Dave, joint to centre of the window would look better, but maby there is reason for doing off centre. We don't know what cut is in the corner on the left :thumbsup:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I'm going to hazard a guess that he's centreed the wall rather than the window, or as near as so a fall tile falls down the left hand side of the window or as near as rather than a slither, or small cut.

Reply to should i remove these now? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen