Search the forum,

Discuss So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

W

WetSaw

The wife wanted to see the Sistine chapel. Sneaky buggers have it so you have to go through their "museums" to reach it, just a long corridor filled with packs of guided tours then you get herded into the chapel only to find there's so many people crammed in you can hardly move. Then you have to suffer more "artifacts" on the long trudge out, conveniently passing through the gift shop.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm trying to enjoy it, I really am, but Rome is rubbish. It's bloody expensive, there's ravenous touts at every tourist spot, the Vatican is just a money making machine....
Maybe it's me but I don't think so.
Milan I love and have spent a lot of time around there and near Antonioland so I know it's not Italy that's the problem.
At least your not moaning about it...:)

I

Italy

roma, roma and roma .......
I state that I never went to Rome.
what I know, I just read. Rome was eaten by the political parties, roma is almost in default. three months ago, the citizens of Rome, have voted the new mayor, have sent home the old parties. they voted a movement, made up of citizens. Now, three months all TV and newspapers, speak evil of the new mayor. because they said no to the Olympics and said it was an incompetent. but I think a mayor who has never been in politics, can not do worse than those who ate roma.
the first 15 days, they cleaned the streets of Rome, and after two days, they were still dirty. So a little bit of guilt, they also have the Roman citizens.
lascir must work the new mayor, "virginia raggi", in 5 years we will see the result.
I am Italian, and I apologize to all foreign tourists who visit my homeland.
I, I still have hopes :(

W

WetSaw

Antonio, don't apologise for things you didn't do! I think it's the same in all major tourist cities.
I love Italy in general and I'm already thinking about when I can get to Milan again because I haven't been for more than 10 years.
The global crisis caused a lot of problems with local government funding in a lot of countries so things like street cleaning become less important, but you are correct in saying that if the rubbish wasn't there in the first place ( and with millions of tourists it won't only be Romans causing it ) they wouldn't need to pay people to clean it up.

T

Time's Ran Out

Emperor Hadrian had the right idea - leave Rome and build a wall across the north of England to stop the heathens from fly tipping.
It started on the banks of the Tyne as Segedunum and for some reason is now called Wallsend!
I'am Kirk Douglas!

W

WetSaw

20161015_110717.jpg

The view from the top of the pad that Hadrian knocked up for himself in Rome.

Reply to So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen