Search the forum,

Discuss Thistle bond in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Alan

-
Reaction score
Hey guys.
I'm tiling over floor tiles next week.
The building contractor suggested painting thistle bond over the top of the tiles, basically using thistle bond as a primer.
Have any of yas ever done this before ?

Any info would be appreciated 👌👍

Reaction score
Thistle bond it and blue grit are both PVA based and shouldn't be used. Mapei do one just for tiling called prim grip. But even though I wouldn't recommend tiling over the tiles I'd say a slurry coat would be your best bet, mix SBR and water 50/50 and mix with cement based adhesive, keep it runny enough to paint on. Ideally I'd leave overnight 👍

Alan

-
Reaction score
Thistle bond it and blue grit are both PVA based and shouldn't be used. Mapei do one just for tiling called prim grip. But even though I wouldn't recommend tiling over the tiles I'd say a slurry coat would be your best bet, mix SBR and water 50/50 and mix with cement based adhesive, keep it runny enough to paint on. Ideally I'd leave overnight 👍
[automerge]1604239992[/automerge]
Will do. Thanks for advice JK 👍👍

Reply to Thistle bond in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen