Search the forum,

Discuss Tilers labourer/trainee tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM Ceramics

i ve no bills and mortage im still at home which is a good thing once im more established then ill move out theres not as much pressure if you havent alot of work when ur still at home

C

cornish_crofter

Shane

Welcome to the forum! I started out as a DIYer a few years ago! I was very handy but had no real experience besides renovating a house from bare walls, a few bathroom refits in previous houses, and one kitchen.

I worked part time, and still do. I did one job, took my time and charged the customer to the quote, or if there was no quote, what he should have been charged, as opposed to how long the job actually took.

I found that people liked me because I was polite, methodical and didn't appear to want to rush the job. I got loads of repeat business.

You have one thing that I didn't have when I started - A TRADE! You have what it takes to get out there and do it.

S

shane176

cheerz cornish & LM
great words very much appreciated, kinda put me in the mood to start up on my own now,

thanks to every 1 else who posted their comments.

many thanks
shane!!!:8:

D

doug boardley

try easing your way in with kitchen splashbacks to boost youur confidence levels Shane,after doing a few you will probably feel ready to tackle the more problematic stuff. Don't be afraid to ask for advice,I'm not!!

P

peterhouse

im 49...hoping o do a tiling course soon, to work on part time basis,i would like to do one or two jobs with a experiened tiler , as assistant or observer,not looking to be paid. Had one or two offers but not in my area ( peterborough)so if u could help a mature student please let me know

Reply to Tilers labourer/trainee tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen