Search the forum,

Discuss Tiles in Northern Ireland. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

OOC

I'm looking for retailers that will deliver to Northern Ireland (about 130sqm of floor tiles). I've looked on TG, TM and THQ but nothing grabbed me (I like the look of large format tiles). Looking to try and keep the cost below £30 per sqm. Also what type of tile is best over underfloor (wet) heating? I'll be getting a pro to do the installing but would like to have a good idea of what is available to me from the whole of the market so to speak! So far everything I've found that I liked has been mainland UK only grr!:prrr:

Thank you
Orla

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Where in NI are you Orla? There are some fine tile shops around Ulster,
The tile shop I deal mostly with in Letterkenny send( I would guess) 40% of their tiles into NI as it seems to be cheaper to buy in Euros as most tiles are bought from Spain and Italy (also euro).
They have a big stockselection, and can order in anything unusual if you like.

Welcome to the site by the way:welcome:

H

hillhead

Hi Orla, we have plenty of retailers here in Northern Ireland, where are you based?
I'v seen and fitted plenty of large format from local shops.
How large are you talking? 600x600, 800x800 or 2.3mx 1.3m marble which I'll be fitting in two weeks time. Lol.
Welcome to the forum too.

O

OOC

Thanks for the replies and the welcomes guys! I'm in the Banbridge/Dromore region so popping south (west!) of the boarder would be no problem. I guess I'm just a bit put off by the displayed prices in tile shops as they seem so expensive although I have been told that the price displayed is not the price I'll end up paying for such a large order! i do believe you are showing off Joe LOL! I saw some 1m tiles and thought they looked great much cleaner lines than the normal sized ones but anything from 60 x 60 upwards would be perfect.

P

Peter

Quite a few shops do large format over 600 but for most of it you're looking over £50 per metre. Good thing is with your quantities then you have a lot of haggling power. Most showrooms will be happy to give you a full trade discount at that meterage.

Only deal with shops around Belfast myself so couldn't recommend anywhere local to you. Huttons and Robinson Butler do some nice large formats.

Reply to Tiles in Northern Ireland. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen