Search the forum,

Discuss using the right size levelling clips in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi guys ,
I'm new to this forum and I haven't done a lot of tiling so would like to get some advice on choosing the correct size levelling clips ( clip and wedge system ) . I'm doing an external patio on a concrete slab and want to end up with a 3mm grout line for 45cm square porcelain tiles . When I use the 3mm clips and tighten them , the joints seem to pull apart slightly . I've got round this so far by tapping the tiles back together with a block of wood and rubber mallet but this takes extra time and can disturb other joints . Would I be better off using narrower clips in conjunction with regular spacers .
I guess what I'm getting at is would it matter if the clips 1.5 or 2mm are "loose" in the joints if I use 3mm spacers aswell ? ............. Thanks all

Hi guys ,
I'm new to this forum and I haven't done a lot of tiling so would like to get some advice on choosing the correct size levelling clips ( clip and wedge system ) . I'm doing an external patio on a concrete slab and want to end up with a 3mm grout line for 45cm square porcelain tiles . When I use the 3mm clips and tighten them , the joints seem to pull apart slightly . I've got round this so far by tapping the tiles back together with a block of wood and rubber mallet but this takes extra time and can disturb other joints . Would I be better off using narrower clips in conjunction with regular spacers .
I guess what I'm getting at is would it matter if the clips 1.5 or 2mm are "loose" in the joints if I use 3mm spacers aswell ? ............. Thanks all
I would suggest using 2mm clips for the tiles. You also need to use wedges between tiles and walls. Otherwise, the grout joints will be moving. Let me know if you want some advice

Reply to using the right size levelling clips in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views

Advertisement