• Thread starter KateJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 47
  • Views 7K
Search the forum,

Discuss Whoops again.... in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

KateJ

Back tiling again after a long break and loving it!!! After mixing grout with a teaspoon - forgot to wash it and now it's caked and hard. Is there a nifty technique or do I just stab it with a veggie knife till it all comes off?

Please don't tell me what I should have done - I already know!

T

Tile Shop

Sprinkle some vinegar on it to start with. leave it to soak in, then.... Half fill a mug with boiling water, baking soda, and vinegar. pop the spoon in and leave it to soak over night. Should chip off much easier.

If that doesn't work, buy a new spoon :)

T

Tile Shop

Yeah, he's been miserable without you to talk too :)

He was pining worse than a lost puppy.

K

KateJ

I don't have vinegar so I'm soaking it in neat appliance descaler. There is already some kind of chemical reaction- will update soon. ***

K

KateJ

I will buy some stuff at charity shops for tiling - just didn't think of it. My cookware has been serving me well so far....
Boxing in to do before I can finish tiling- never used drywall fixings before - it's voyage of discovery!!!
Photos all in good time....

I

Italy

open a trend, to clean a teaspoon?
cazzo !!!! Throw in the waste !!!!!!! I sending you you one right away from Italy. kiss;)

P.S. This forum is falling into the ravine. xxxxx ;) XXXX

A

AndY mac

The wife's sick of me using her cutlery. We are down to 1 knife and 2 forks. Dinner times a laugh we have to pass them round takes three hours per meal. :) Give me strength.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The wife's sick of me using her cutlery. We are down to 1 knife and 2 forks. Dinner times a laugh we have to pass them round takes three hours per meal. :) Give me strength.

Just fingers in our house and we're running out of those as well. Used 1 of mine to stir concrete the other day, gone now!

K

KateJ

Lol! After years of horrible second hand cutlery I finally treated myself to some funky colourful John Lewis stuff last year and I love it. Trevor the teaspoon will be saved!!!

Reply to Whoops again.... in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen