Guest viewing is limited

Discuss 14,000 Members, and counting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Dan would you say this forum is the biggest in the UK, maybe even Europe? Tiling forum I mean?

It's the biggest most used and most active with the most posts and still the fastest naturally growing in the world bar John Bridge's beauty which is based in Canada (and not the US as I assumed when I first posted and got laughed at haha). He's had his thrice as long as we've had this if not more. And it's paid off. He has loads of UK members too but it's sort of setup different to this and has different systems and processes (i.e, I think that if you talk about the same tool, you find the existing thread and re-post in it, or post a new one and mods will move it for you - that's due to the size of the place - we'd leave our methods in place though if we got that big as it increases page-size which is important SEO-wise, something John's never cared about too much as he does quite well without it- he didn't like me suggesting he should do it once many years ago but we're sound now ;) ).

We're not the second oldest either, the first two before us didn't get as big as us and are rarely used compared to here. Both are setup by training centres who sell tools and adhesives, and they're mainly sales support forums for their own products and services and it's very apparent too. And the others setup since also fall into that category, such as Topps Tiles forum and BAL's forum. It's the reason I opted to go down this road of not selling to members, I don't even do websites for them and SEO is mainly free. I host a couple but at cost price. I'd probably be a bit richer now if I did sell, but the forum wouldn't grow as naturally and I'd feel like I'm just selling every time I posted which gets annoying for me and the members. And I'd hate to see links to my competitor's websites and they'd have to be removed. So then I'd be called a hitler or something haha

TTA closed theirs not long after we got big. I'm guessing they thought people just don't use them before they saw ones being used then decided for whatever reason it's not worth keeping theirs. Who will ever know?

If you do a search of new posts posted by me in this forum category, you'll find our milestones as we crossed them and loads more facts.

Our plumbing forum is the biggest in the UK, and most used. And our electrical forum is the biggest, most used, and is quickly getting bigger than this too! The logged in members during 24 hours can be twice as big. But it took off later (though online the same day) as this so it's post count is about 30% lower last time I checked. Member count just past ours but we've not pruned that for a long time.

**breathes**

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
And our Australian Tile Forum (which I made to make use of our huge capacity and processing power server-wise, the server isn't even at 2% it's at during peak times inthe night GMT, so aussies would have a good quick website for them and I'd be using effectively a free server as I wouldn't need another even if it did get as big as this) is the biggest in australia, but has only a few hundred members and hardly gets used. Their just isn't any others that are dedicated that I can find from a UK connection. I assume there isn't any. Tilers there just don't use the net like they do here it seems. Can't find many rate-your-tradesman style websites at all.

Reply to 14,000 Members, and counting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi guys, Firstly, apologies for not being around as much as I should be. We're here in the...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
I wouldn't want to 'test' the attackers so don't post anything about this anywhere public. If...
Replies
Views
S
Congrats to the new Trusted Lads. Tiling Forum - Trusted Advisors Added - CONGRATULATIONS...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
14,000 Members, and counting
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.