Discuss 750 vitrex in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pipanderson

Hi,

Sounds odd to me. I purchased the 750 Vitrex a couple of months ago and have had nothing but great results with it. Find it very smooth, fast and fairly quiet.

The only thing I can suggest is that the blade might not be 100% secure? I admit I was a bit of a wally putting the thing together the first day and the blade was very wobbly - turned out I had it the wrong way round!!! Once fitted correctly I find the blade brilliant. I much prefer the cutter to a Rubi 180 that I had used previously - although it is a bit of a weight to transport!

Don't suppose the blade is worn and needs replaced?

Hope some of that helps?

M

Mike

I've had the Vitrex blade in since I got my 750 about a year ago and never had any probs at all - still going strong.

Make sure it is straight, secure and the right way round:thumbsup:
i've only replaced my blades as they 'blunten'. still diamond left but it won't cut. i tried cutting a dry block to wear down to new diamonds but it never worked for me. £18 for a new blade in topps. i got a marchrist in there at the moment

i've only replaced my blades as they 'blunten'. still diamond left but it won't cut. i tried cutting a dry block to wear down to new diamonds but it never worked for me. £18 for a new blade in topps. i got a marchrist in there at the moment
Give the Montolit Dressing Stone a go...:thumbsup:
DressingStick2.gif

K

Knackered Knees

It does sound like you have encountered a very hard batch of porcelain, it happens these days. With porcelain coming in from all parts of the world. These hard tiles require a 'soft matrix' of diamond within the blade. The diamonds are encrusted n a soft metal that wears quicker exposing more diamond at the cutting face. The downside is they require more diamonds and they wear quicker,and are usually allot more expensive.

Reply to 750 vitrex in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

S
I am currently doing a new build where the customer has bought some tiles from Porcelenasa...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
I bought a Vitrex 750 tile cutter the other day to cut some Wickes 600 x 300 x 9mm glazed...
Replies
Views
J
So I've had my 1200 for a while now and it's done 5-600 cuts, mainly travertine, 610 x 405 x...
Replies
Views
Jelthetiler
J
M
Evening all :smilewinkgrin: About 2 months ago I purchased the Vitrex - QEP Pro-750 Wet Saw...
Replies
Views
jackylu
J
N
Some advice wanted please. Is it possible to get a decent mitre joint with crackle glazed tiles...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
750 vitrex
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.