Discuss A real crimefighter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Right here's a question for you all. This was a topic on radio today. Would you have done the same if you'd been there or do you like to think you'd have had a go?

I don't think you can tell before hand, some instinct takes over... I am still astounded at that power in her run and watching it a few times it seems to me that perhaps there was an emotional reason for her, perhaps some memory, or a member of staff in the shop she knows, it was the kind of thing a mother would do if her children were threatened...impossible to tell how we'd react. I think I would be scared to be shot or knifed really, but I did get robbed and knifed once and I got so mad that I ran after the guy, furious, with blood pouring out my arm... and I didn't really think I would do that either!

C

Colour Republic

Right here's a question for you all. This was a topic on radio today. Would you have done the same if you'd been there or do you like to think you'd have had a go?

Not when there are sledge hammers flying about, but if somebody was being attacked rather than something being robbed then yes I would and have done on many occassions on a Friday night.

I'm by no means a big bloke but it's the shock of someone squaring up to them that has the effect, I remember not that long ago on a night out I come round a corner to find about 20 people standing round watching some guys kicking a lad in the head that was down on the ground. So I went running in to the group to help the lad out and the attackers ran off. I've seen it time and time again when a mob are attacking someone and a lone person goes in they seem to doubt themselves as they think there are loads of us and one of him so this guy must be a nutter! My misses goes crazy when i do it but I have to say to her if it was me on the ground i'm sure she'd want somebody to step in and help me out. I think people standing around watching only makes things worse as the attackers i'm sure get a rush out it thinking they are invicible where no one will question them.

In the case of this robbery I think i'd do what those builders did, you see their van come round the corner and nearly knock one of the lads off his scooter by accident, they realise what's going on and quickly turn around to try and stop their getaway with the van (watch them try to block in the side street)

S

SandyFloor

The reason I asked this question was due the number of comments on the radio slagging off the surrounding public for not doing anything and left me questioning myself as I wouldn't have either.

I don't think I would have had to think too much about risking death or permanent injury protecting a shop window and some insured jewellery. I was surprised at the amount of comments expressing disgust at the onlookers who, obviously caught in the headlights,just stared trying to take in what was happening. Some had a go at the traffic warden because he was wearing a government uniform.....as far as I'm aware traffic wardens aren't trained in apprehending multiple armed men. I do have admiration for the old lady but I reckon if she had been someone younger there would have been a much more serious outcome.

I wouldn't have have had a go at the guys with sledgehammers .....might have had a go at the scooters though.

J

jolly fix

agree with sandyfloor on this one,the gran was brill,but i think if a bloke went up to have a go then things would have been different.the scum who hit o a p's dont do this sort of crime.they wouldnt hit their gran etc .having worked in a couple of prisons (with prisoners),they have unwritten rules about crimes to o.a.p's.week or so ago on the news was the case about the infamous bike robbers who would and did use their sledge/axes on have a go heros,i wouldnt risk my life/health/ on a window etc,would if it was a person.last week i torn my calf muscle by chasing a couple of guys (20yr old scum),who had been giving the mother in law a hard time ( tried to force their way into her flat,my wife was there too long story ).police came etc,guess what they came to have a word with me ,the one guy said that i attacked him etc...thank god for phones mrs got every thing on camera no charges for me..but still very angree about it all,plus no work due to leg untill it gets better (2-3wks)....rant,rant/rant......

Reply to A real crimefighter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Man gets fined for traveling from Sheffield to Stoke to buy tile adhesive. Note that you can...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
Hi Chaps, So I have started my first ever tiling job. I had a porch built a year or so ago...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
A real crimefighter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.