Discuss Addy going off too fast in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

2,3,4 degrees I still don't think its good practice,horses for courses mate,you think it's ok to leave addy in van and re use next day,that's your call I'm no having it tho regardless of chemical reactions
cheers

marc

I'm not in the habit of doing it, I was supposed to do the job last night & couldn't arrange a key & the addy was still in the van.
It's not good practice but there is technically no harm in doing it as I've stated.
I had grout still mixed in the van also as I had came off another job & it was gone this morning so that got binned.

J

justinisaac

Thanks to everyone who posted, very amusing/informative!

One earlier reply mentioned adding a little water to a mix just to loosen it up as it gets close to going off - is this ok to do? I've always understood it wasn't a good idea...This would help me immensely at the moment given the problems I'm having. I've got half a bag left so I'm mixing very small batches. Looks like I'm going to be one tile short due to my fun and games with my cutter (see other post), how annoying is that?!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Thanks to everyone who posted, very amusing/informative!

One earlier reply mentioned adding a little water to a mix just to loosen it up as it gets close to going off - is this ok to do? I've always understood it wasn't a good idea...This would help me immensely at the moment given the problems I'm having. I've got half a bag left so I'm mixing very small batches. Looks like I'm going to be one tile short due to my fun and games with my cutter (see other post), how annoying is that?!

Adding more water to the mix as its going off will just make it go lumpy . Not something i would advise doing. .

S

Stef

don't think I was being argumentative,just didn't agree with the practice,stef thought it was ok I didnt,we move on
That's the beauty of a public forum we are all allowed a say wether you agree or not
Just to clarify I didn't agree [emoji106]
Who's Brian btw

Agreed we all have our own opinions & that's the way it should be.
Brian's ok, we had a small "Discussion" a long while back. [emoji1][emoji1]

C

cone

Can you check manufacturing dates on your bags, if their out of date/ gone past , would this effect the hardening times,
perhaps the stock wasn't rotated or they were returns mix up and sold out. Sure I heard this somewhere that this can effect.

I've used out of date bags before and never had this problem or fail thou bags of skim sets quick when out of date

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Addy going off too fast in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB