Discuss Adjustable level in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Got a job coming up plank wood affect tiles (getting sick of the sight of them)
they want them laid herringbone ....anyone know of a decent level that you can adjust to the 45 decree angle to help keep them in line.
can't remember the last time i did a herringbone pattern....must of been with the 200x100 morazzi tiles...hated doing them then ..lol

S

Spare Tool

You'd be better off with a decent aluminum square Andy,..
Got a job coming up plank wood affect tiles (getting sick of the sight of them)
they want them laid herringbone ....anyone know of a decent level that you can adjust to the 45 decree angle to help keep them in line.
can't remember the last time i did a herringbone pattern....must of been with the 200x100 morazzi tiles...hated doing them then ..lol
Oh and that'll be 90 degrees mate, 45 you'll be in all sorts of bother ;)

S

Spare Tool

Did this one last year, was mithering over it for weeks, bet I only used the square for first couple of rows then long as you keep the spacers tight(give rows a boot with a straight edge) it ain't so bad
1418405341488.jpg
1418405343650.jpg
1418405344966.jpg

S

Spare Tool

Daves right...90. Degree herringbone is easy....its the 45 one that cuts the mustard. Not the kind of thing you do every day......just thought a straight edge or level you can adjust to 45 would help ..
Unless I'm completely loosing my mind still can't see where a 45degee angle will help with a herringbone floor, just cuz the tiles are set at 45 to the room they still have 90 degrees between the tiles...or am I loosing the plot somewhere :|

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah make your own set square.

And remember the Pythagoras theorem.

Any unit of 3 in one direction, and any unit of 4 at a 90 degree angle, should equal 5 of the same units at their points.

image.jpg

As long as you have a tape measure, you have a massive square.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
UOTE="Diggy, post: 778006, member: 10273"]Andy , I got a RUBI 80cm solid set square in the shed , can leave it at Tileflair for you if you like. Should be about perfect for inside the planks on on the first row.
Let me know if you want to borrow it.

Diggy
Rubi-Fixed-Square-600mm-60993.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Cheers mate thats really good of you I'll send you a pm when I know for definate there using those tiles..

Andy , I got a RUBI 80cm solid set square in the shed , can leave it at Tileflair for you if you like. Should be about perfect for inside the planks on on the first row.

Diggy

Ch
Andy , I got a RUBI 80cm solid set square in the shed , can leave it at Tileflair for you if you like. Should be about perfect for inside the planks on on the first row.

Diggy

Reply to Adjustable level in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, After some tips on laying relatively sizeable tiles (300x600 upto the plank like tiles...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
J
So I've had my 1200 for a while now and it's done 5-600 cuts, mainly travertine, 610 x 405 x...
Replies
Views
Jelthetiler
J
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB