Discuss Advice needed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

still got 10 x more posts than you on forum Ash and probs 50 x more experience, so obviously us that have been here for years will recommend a long and trusted member..even though he may not chip in much anymore,
I really think you are being a bit harsh there with your comments, as I see it he is only trying to help the man out, also because a person has thousands of posts on this forum, does it make that person a better tiler? Not in my opinion, just think you are unfair with that comment

D

Deleted member 9966

You're in business Ash, so you approach the op if you want to quote for the job. From what I read in this thread, the op probably needs someone to go and assess the damage and write a report. Neale is best placed with experience and expertise for that. It doesn't mean Neale will go on to do the rip out and retile. Nobody is stopping you from getting involved with this situation but surely you know your experience limitations being a new tiler with a new business.

W

WetSaw

You're in business Ash, so you approach the op if you want to quote for the job. From what I read in this thread, the op probably needs someone to go and assess the damage and write a report. Neale is best placed with experience and expertise for that. It doesn't mean Neale will go on to do the rip out and retile. Nobody is stopping you from getting involved with this situation but surely you know your experience limitations being a new tiler with a new business.
No offense Ash, but this is what the op needs.

Maybe the customer does need a experienced tiler to check the job out , but its surely not rocket science to look at a job and see someone has made a mess, our cat could do that, the main thing here is if imreading this right is that the customer is wanting a good job made by someone local after getting a report done to try and get something back off the cowboys

T

Time's Ran Out

No report from any experienced tiler would have any bearing on this issue other than hearsay and individual views. The only report of any standing would be from the TTA at a cost of £1000+!
Why worry about comments about individual tilers on here! Let the OP do his homework and get his own estimates from any who reply to his offer. You can only recommend someone for a job if you are confident that the work will be completed to a standard you would be happy with yourself.

Reply to Advice needed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey All, So we're in the midst of a project and it's been interesting. Is there a type of edging...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB