UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Advice on what tiling van to purchse in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mac mclaren

Afternoon all im just looking for some advice on what van i should get for my tiling. Should it be a FORD Transit or a FORD connect size van. Im more swung towards the Transit size as this will enable me to store Plywood and backer boards if required on jobs. As im inexperianced how often will i have to supply the ply? Will the connect do with a roof rack? I have set aside around £4000 for this.

Im also thinking is it worth wile getting my Part P electrical domestice fitting certifict to enable me to wire underfloor heating without having to pay for a sparky. Also gives the advantage of moving wall sockets in the kitchens. As im in the armed forces at the moment i can get the courses through them.

Your thoughts on this would be much appreciated

T

The D

this is my one

Attachments

• IMG_0670[1].jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0663[1].jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 162
I

Ian

Full size Transit, 100%. Whatever you do, do not, I repeat DO NOT get one of those horrible Vauxhall/Renault/Nissan monstrosities (no offence to those people who couldn't afford a Transit :lol:)

I've taken offence :lol: My Vivaro is the best in the world and it's yellow and well cool and that :lol: Oh, by the way, the mitre whizz is pants and nothing more than a gimmick for tilers who don't know how to use a wet saw properly :lol::prrr::rockstar:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I've taken offence :lol: My Vivaro is the best in the world and it's yellow and well cool and that :lol: Oh, by the way, the mitre whizz is pants and nothing more than a gimmick for tilers who don't know how to use a wet saw properly :lol::prrr::rockstar:

You've offended Mike, he's put a big order in as he's got the franchise for Greenland just signed up

M

Mike Mike

I think voting would help to see what van tilers prefer. to me most important, that mitre wizz fits :lol:

Talking of voting, I just voted for you for JOTM, outstanding job (I particularly liked the mitred edging).

I'm not surprised you drive a Vauxhall though, I note that your proof of date photo shows that you can't even afford to buy a newspaper and have to resort to using a Metro :lol:

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
Talking of voting, I just voted for you for JOTM, outstanding job (I particularly liked the mitred edging).

I'm not surprised you drive a Vauxhall though, I note that your proof of date photo shows that you can't even afford to buy a newspaper and have to resort to using a Metro :lol:
parking is soooooooooo expensive in London, so van is mostly to drop tools of. traveling by train (its cheap) Mike. And my rates for sq.m is sssssssooooooooo low :lol:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Im also thinking is it worth wile getting my Part P electrical domestice fitting certifict to enable me to wire underfloor heating without having to pay for a sparky. Also gives the advantage of moving wall sockets in the kitchens. As im in the armed forces at the moment i can get the courses through them.

Your thoughts on this would be much appreciated

Everyone's going on about vans but no-ones answered this bit for you.
I'm presuming you've signed off going through resettlement at the moment? What are your plans when you leave the forces? What sort of business etc?

M

mac mclaren

Hi Ali im doing my resettlement at the moment. Starting a 8 week tiling course at access training wales on the 16th April. I managed to get the Navy to pay for this without using my ELC so their is still £2000 to use on training. I was looking at using this to obtain my Part P and 17th Edition in Domestic instalations as this costs a few bob. Im on stand by to do this course in aldershot for free. Before joining the Navy i was a fully qaulified joiner and plasterer. My intentions are to become a full time self employed wall and floor tiler when i leave. Im currently based in Faslane near Glasgow but will be moving back to Redditch in Birmingham in Aug/Sep and will use my lump sum to start up once moved down. Im hoping to grt some experiance with a Glasgow tiler once i have completed my course and before moving back to England. So if you know a Glasgow tiler looking for free labour between June to Aug let me know im more than happy to work for free to gain some hands on experiance and tipps. Its not a joke as im still getting paid by the Navy upuntil Sep when i leave.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Bigger the better. Amazing how fast you can out grow your van.
I have a Vivaro and couldn't cope with any smaller.
Not unless you are called Phil Hobson - whose van is the exact opposite of the TARDIS. His stacking and storing method must be seen to be believed and is ingenious!

Reply to Advice on what tiling van to purchse in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
I've got some large tiles from Porcelanosa to fit in a quadrant shower enclosure. The tiles are...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all, would love some advice In my new house we are putting a kitchen into a 30sqm room at...
Replies
Views
richiedc
R
M
Hi, looking for advice with regard to Polypipe overlay. We have bought this already for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, got a 70sqr mtr floor to do in tumbled limestone in sizes 1000mmx600 900x600 800x600...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.