Discuss advice please.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Born2bTiled

Having a bit bother with an awkward customer ....

I was presented with an awful hump in a wall , dealt with it by packing the adhesive out in the offending areas.

So as it stands he's got a lovely straight wall , no cracks, no broken tiles.. he's had a bit tap on and a Google and decided that because there's the odd hollow patch they're all going to jump off and murder his family.

In my oppinion , its all fine , admittedly not ideal but the wall wasn't straight . They're never going to fall off and he's talking about taking it to small claims .

Sounds like he's playing funny buggers to me .

I'm 100% happy with the work but I'm curious to where I would stand if he starts knocking tiles off and blaming me

Cheers in advance boys

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
Having a bit bother with an awkward customer ....

I was presented with an awful hump in a wall , dealt with it by packing the adhesive out in the offending areas.

So as it stands he's got a lovely straight wall , no cracks, no broken tiles.. he's had a bit tap on and a Google and decided that because there's the odd hollow patch they're all going to jump off and murder his family.

In my oppinion , its all fine , admittedly not ideal but the wall wasn't straight . They're never going to fall off and he's talking about taking it to small claims .

Sounds like he's playing funny buggers to me .

I'm 100% happy with the work but I'm curious to where I would stand if he starts knocking tiles off and blaming me

Cheers in advance boys

There shouldn't be any hollow patches IMHO I would have got the wall straight before I started!!!

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I'm slightly warey of going into to much detail given their googling habits, ... Like I say I'm confident its fine and will quite happily address any issues if they ever arise, I'll give them that in writing .....point being, he's talking about legal action for a perfectly flat bathroom with all the tiles firmly attatched to the wall .
Do we take that as a yes that you dot and dabbed???

L

lukeb

Got the feeling it was dot/dab with bucket adhesive........:oops: ............am i right???

Always get the wall ready for tiling before you even buy adhesive,saves you a lot of hassle at the end you r the one who`s going to tile so why wouldyou s........t in your own nest.
Common mate what have you done- we all made mistakes didn`t we.Cant be that bad if you confident.
Honestly i dont think your customer is going to do anything about it hope he paid u already.....:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to advice please.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Hi, Could someone advice on a quote please? I’m being quoted £200 a day for max 5 days to...
Replies
Views
TKD Tiling
T
G
Hi, I am after some honest advice regarding a job I done a few weeks ago for which I haven't...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
K
Please help - I know nothing about paving/tiling....!! We have just had some sandstone paving...
Replies
Views
G
Replies
Views
SJPurdy
S
K
I am installing a new kitchen and utility room. The total area to be tiled is approx 40...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB