Discuss Am I fussy? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mrwhitey

I hate for my first post to be another person asking if my job is bad, but I'd wholly appreciate honest opinions on whether I'm being fussy here:

1drv.ms/1pKzRPV
1drv.ms/1jWfNg8

The chipped porc is going to annoy the hell out of me (the rest of the cuts are fine, but this is in the bath on the corner of the window in an obvious place). The same goes for the floor, its out by just over 1mm, but its a whole row of 3 tiles and then of course the next and final row next to it.

Am I just super fussy?

Aside from slight lipping (Porc large tiles in brick bond), and that a little too much grout was washed out in places (which I'm pulling the firm up on tomorrow) I'm fairly happy:

1drv.ms/1jWg82e

Do I ask them to replace the tile around the window (will this completely the plasterboard beneath and be harder than it looks?), and do I ask them to sort the floor?

Many Thanks!
Chris

D

Deleted member 9966

I've managed to save your photo's from your one drive and hopefully, I've got them attached here.

WP_20140402_009.jpg WP_20140402_003.jpg

M

mrwhitey

Neither picture is great but the cut to the window has to come out! Either the Tiler needs a new cutting wheel or new teeth as he looks to have had a good chew of the edge! Also agree with your pulling of the grout - washed too much out.

Thanks John, appreciate the reply. With some of the grout taken out, it looks a little better, but the tile is of course still chipped - 1drv.ms/1krymok, would you still take it out?

Do you think this can come out without causing too much pain - especially given the location and plasterboard backing?

Reply to Am I fussy? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I fixed some mosaic the other day, long, thin strips in a 300x300 mesh cut in to two, and used...
Replies
Views
I’ve recently had my bathroom tiled. I think a few errors have been made and would like to know...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Edd The Tiler
E

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB