Guest viewing is limited

Discuss am i to cheap in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A tad on the low side, as has been said, going to take a bit more handling but if the screed is nice a flat it shouldn't be to bad, when is the screed going down, ufh being commissioned and fixing due to start ? Just asking because you could end up in trouble if things aren't done right, i.e. screed drying time, ufh temp brought up slowly etc before a tile goes down.

W

why tile

A tad on the low side, as has been said, going to take a bit more handling but if the screed is nice a flat it shouldn't be to bad, when is the screed going down, ufh being commissioned and fixing due to start ? Just asking because you could end up in trouble if things aren't done right, i.e. screed drying time, ufh temp brought up slowly etc before a tile goes down.

screed going down this week, any chance you can explain drying times on sreed and getting up to temp i here alot about this but dont know the guide lines thanks:thumbsup:

W

why tile

How can you be too cheap when you are getting the work and getting paid!
If it pays the bills and leaves some for that rainy day then its enough.
From the advice you are receiving on this recent 55m job you are charging an experienced tile fixers price - labour only - but do you have the experience to do it?

i dont have a problem doing the job, there just seems to be alot of complications with this one that i havent come across before, all the floors i have done before have been old screed that has been down for a while. the majority of my work is bathrooms wich genrally have wooden floors.

freahly laid screed with wet ufh on two differnt substates in one room is a new one on me, so i am asking the questions to get as much information as ican so i can make the most informed disision on how to get around these problems. and so that i have the correct answers for any questions the customer has on the way i intend to do the job.

surely this is the best way to work imho.

D

diamondtiling

I would be very careful about this job, they are big tiles and they are on a specialized floor structure, they are many factors that need taking into account to get this job right. The forum can only give you technical information but only you know how confident you are.
As an example I would be very reluctant to take on a Victorian floor like Tommy Zoom, TJ and Phil Hobson do and try to lay it just by asking this forum, I would get someone in who is experienced and takes leads from them. At least that way the job is still yours but you have a huge backup.

:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

i dont have a problem doing the job, there just seems to be alot of complications with this one that i havent come across before, all the floors i have done before have been old screed that has been down for a while. the majority of my work is bathrooms wich genrally have wooden floors.

freahly laid screed with wet ufh on two differnt substates in one room is a new one on me, so i am asking the questions to get as much information as ican so i can make the most informed disision on how to get around these problems. and so that i have the correct answers for any questions the customer has on the way i intend to do the job.

surely this is the best way to work imho.

Couldn't agree more but to reiterate Diamond Tiling - be careful and don't step out of your comfort zone with a jump!

D

diamondtiling

thank you to everyone for your coments, i apreciate what you say about jumping in but i`m confident ive got it covered,.

and the advice has been great.

thanks again to you all:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i will keep you upto date with job but i dont think i will be starting it for a week or so.

If you are starting it next week then its too early, you said in your other thread that its being laid this week? Its too early, it needs weeks to dry out.

:oops:

Reply to am i to cheap in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Ok. Basically am i tilng right/prepping correctly? Full time professional tiler, nearly 15...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, I'd really appreciate your guidance if any of you would be so kind. Apologies in...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, I haven't been on here in ages ..apologies for that.....time goes so fast. But I hope...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
D
This is a converted garage sized room. Two kitchen surfaces, each 3000mm long. And a Belfast...
Replies
Views
Sean SML Tiling
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
am i to cheap
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.