Discuss anhydrite floor screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
If I mention the screed no one seems to have a clue what I'm on about...

there are a few plants supplying in Hertfordshire and have been for quite a few years. Cemex at Hatfield so I'm a little surprised that you have never come across them but hey if not then I will have to work harder selling them into your patch. :)

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Everywhere round here Mark, went to see another failed one today, in an ex show home for a very well known national builder.

I guess you see them all the time so are used to them but If you need any help sorting it Bri I'm only down in Stamford so could joint visit if you needed.

Doozy

TF
I did a 140sqm ground floor a few years back, travertine over this type of screed. Finished the job on a Friday and was told the plumbers were in the next day to do some work around the rest of the house. I left insructions with the owner that the heating wasn't to be turned back on until I was back on site on the Monday, because I wanted to talk the plumbers through the process to re-warm the floor.

I walked back in on the Monday and the house was like toast. They banged the heating full on the day after I left it and basically left it on all weekend. No tiles lifted, but huge runs of the grout had cracked.

The owner aplogised, with the excuse his wife was pestering to get it up and running because the house was cold, so they ignored my advice and banged it right up to full temp in one go the next day.

If the plumbers had known their arses from their PTFE tape, they wouldn't have done what they did.

Which is exacty the point in this case.

S

Stef

I did a 140sqm ground floor a few years back, travertine over this type of screed. Finished the job on a Friday and was told the plumbers were in the next day to do some work around the rest of the house. I left insructions with the owner that the heating wasn't to be turned back on until I was back on site on the Monday, because I wanted to talk the plumbers through the process to re-warm the floor.

I walked back in on the Monday and the house was like toast. They banged the heating full on the day after I left it and basically left it on all weekend. No tiles lifted, but huge runs of the grout had cracked.

The owner aplogised, with the excuse his wife was pestering to get it up and running because the house was cold, so they ignored my advice and banged it right up to full temp in one go the next day.

If the plumbers had known their arses from their PTFE tape, they wouldn't have done what they did.

That heating should have been left off for 14 days to let the adhesive fully cure.
I'm amazed it never popped any tiles.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham

No guarantee on that job then . :)

Reply to anhydrite floor screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I’m after a bit of advice. I’ve just removed the floor tiles in our on suite. After...
Replies
Views
450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
anhydrite floor screed
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond