Discuss Another Builders bathroom disaster in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

faithhealer

Todays job, Bathroom to make good after builder

Supposed to have had a wet floor but due to water coming up in the opp corner to the waste they turned it into a cubicle! Water still doesn't drain away though, slates a bit rough and not cut into the envelope, builder tried to overcome this by a sheet of mosaic around the drain! Looks awful and doesn't work!

Wedi membrane covers the whole floor and wall but seems to be stuck on 5mm plywood, can move the walls

Used the wrong shade of tile when trying to put right himself

large format tile with tub gear and 10mm thick dot and dab

Silicon around edges is half inch in places with no smoothing out.

grout in one corner is swept in like a sand dune

UFH under his dot and dab, therefore not very many warm spots!

sand and cement for grout at first then he was told to replace cubicle with 'proper' grout

Corners of cubicle have this plastic quadrant coving siliconed on, heavy on the silicon

Cubicle has a box seat with mosaic, not enough grout in so water stands despite fall, some grout actually missing.

Mosaic on ceiling, mismatch galore

grout on wall varies from white to gray

brickbond tiling sucks as well

customer asked me for advice, only one answer really isn't there.

F

faithhealer

If he has a 6 month retainer then he must have done a lot more work on the house, did he build an extension or something? retainers can be quite large so there's money in the pot.
Yes CR, extension, building work is pretty good, lulled into a false sense of security when I removed a 'panel to reveal proper copper pipework, with isolater valves, nicely parallel and clipped, nice crossover past the waste! short lived!

D

doug boardley

MSN-Emoticon-145.gif

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Another Builders bathroom disaster in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
D
This was installed by a so called tiler/bathroom fitter. As you can see it was all ripped out...
Replies
Views
diamondtiling
D
M
Hi, So I've got to the end of the main chunk of the work... finally... and it's looking pretty...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
D
Hi all - just come across this site and congrats to all for the great advice supplied to all -...
Replies
Views
devillindaf
D
M
Hi all. New here. I'm not a DIY person but I'm going to have a go at removing some grout (I...
Replies
Views
micko
M

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB