Guest viewing is limited

Discuss another chipboard query in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

AllurePTS

Cheers allure your a legend :thumbsup:,it sure does look like cheap crap,who ever installed original pipe work and wiring have just,well what it looks like to me is taken a hammer and just smashed holes in for pipes/wiring instead of cutting nice neat one`s (lazy :furious3::furious3:) so basically just use the same methods as the old timber joists,:thumbsup:

That is a problem with them mate ....when muppet sparks and plumbers smash through them like that, it weakens them quite significantly :mad2:...I would say take some pics if you can and inform the home owner too. I'm assuming that you're not putting anything majorly heavy on them anyway ???

A

AllurePTS

That's pretty bad ....something very wrong there Dave ....there shouldn't be any problem with them if they are done properly, but they really do need to be done properly !! ....when they first came on to the market, they were only available from Timber engineering company's - so you had to have a fully spec'd and calc'd floor, done by a structural engineer and came as a full package with all the right fixings etc ...long spans usually had some flitch beams and/or steelwork incorporated and usually you'd have addittional Versalam beams and cripple studs to give addittional loadbearing in the partitions underneath too.

I don't think it's such a great idea that builders can just buy these "off the shelf" now and decide for themselves !!! .....I looked at a job a while back where somebody had just installed these instead of normal joists, without any firther thought .....they didn't even put herringbone struts on them ....recipie for disaster !

Reply to another chipboard query in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, Quick question, when installing 6mm backer board onto a floor prior to tiling, would...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
I am tiling a bathroom floor of 3.3 sq meters. There is currently 22mm green chipboard down...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Just a quick question regarding packing out the difference between the tile height...
Replies
Views
E
Sorry for what is probably a repetitive question but my search hasn’t found what I want….. I’m...
Replies
Views
earlm
E

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
another chipboard query
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.