Discuss Another Church Stone Floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

so were well in to the fixing now. deckboxes a bit of a pain but they are adjustable so all good.
this stone is very open faced and porous so cant get any adhesive on face .
going to be pukka floor though .
apparently York cathedral have recently used this stone to complement original .
this floor will age quite quickly but that is what is wanted .
heres a few pics of prep and progress

J

jonnyc

try again :)
not all screeds need of primer.
only the most absorbents.
putting very heavy 600x600x20, the next day, when laying tile front row, it tend to drop.
primer, adhesive to dry more slowly and the tile descend less
buene mucho moro comprende . you working in London Antonio . I just met an Italian architect yesterday who is in charge of a nice little job in London,

I

Italy

;)

image.jpeg

J

jonnyc

in italy not to look rugby!!! ahahah
no Antonio you shouldio . they are getting very buene especially with so mucho new Zealand grandchildren
of Italy family .forget your blood red Ferraris . if you want a real Italian stallion red bloodied icon look no further than Sergio Parisse. he is awesome and possibly why so many house wives in italiono don't complain when their tubbier super marios hubbios want to watch the rugby!!!

I

Italy

no Antonio you shouldio . they are getting very buene especially with so mucho new Zealand grandchildren
of Italy family .forget your blood red Ferraris . if you want a real Italian stallion red bloodied icon look no further than Sergio Parisse. he is awesome and possibly why so many house wives in italiono don't complain when their tubbier super marios hubbios want to watch the rugby!!!
Super Mario Balotelli? almost my fellow countryman (Lombardy Brescia). hahaha
I do not watch much football ...
Italian football junkies, exists only football.
I like cycling, f1, motorcycling.
I watched a rugby day, but I have not figured out where to go the ball. hahaha

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
glasgow

That 1st 1 is nothing short of a master piece. Going to look at the next 2 after typing this. Thanks for the links Marc :-D not specifically churches I like just old designs and features. I love nothing more than walking into an old building 1920s-1930s art deco period and seeing all the old cornicing, plaster work, sand stone sculptures, mosaic flooring etc still in tact. Absolutely worth saving!

I do a lot of work for a property developer in Lanark. He bought a beauty of a house in Lanark. Enormous, huge rooms, high ceilings, sand stone building. Beautiful outside sculptures,coloured glass windows, mosaic flooring throughout the property. 1st thing he said ' I don't like the mosaics, I am going to tear them up' I nearly fainted when he said that. Long story short I talked him out of it. Cleaned them up, fixed a few of them. It looked a million dollars when it was done :-D

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
glasgow
Unfortunately at the time i never even thought to take pictures :-( there was literally 15-20 small tiles that had came loose. Giving that it had been laid nearly 100 years ago is amazing. Most of which were at the front and back door.

I looked through they pics, jonny has done a great job, that is nothing short of spectacular. I take my hat off to u jonny

J

jonnyc

Unfortunately at the time i never even thought to take pictures :-( there was literally 15-20 small tiles that had came loose. Giving that it had been laid nearly 100 years ago is amazing. Most of which were at the front and back door.

I looked through they pics, jonny has done a great job, that is nothing short of spectacular. I take my hat off to u jonny
that church job was a bit tricky with the diagonal tiles and border but for me the more complicated it is the more interesting . its just getting the costing right. I will never give a day rate for fixing if I have a plan .
this job is very simple but you still have to work out costs based on borders and column cuts etcc.
a good cutter to cut borders is vital and with a few clamps a labourer can run them off.
I think I know most limestones but this ancaster white is very open faced and incredibly porous.
just a bit of excess adhesive on face can be wiped off but when you seal it any residue shows up .
got to be really clean but full bed as stone is unbelieveably soft.
anyway here are a few pics in progress and next week we are starting the quarries in geometric patterns .
in three areas

001.JPG 002.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG

Reply to Another Church Stone Floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi guys. I have been in the process of a jobs for a while. consists of a few rooms of tiling and...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, Looking for a quote please for floor tiling our soon to be built extension, through to...
Replies
Views
DjeRingwood
D
Hi Chaps, So I have started my first ever tiling job. I had a porch built a year or so ago...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB