Discuss another plumbers job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Believe me he would not of undercut me that's why I will still be making money off half his fee , the customer works at the hospital he advertised on there internal Web with glowing references , the tiles should be a doddle to take off he used wicks own brand tubbed adheisive

If it was me I'd stand outside the room and slam the door shut quickly!!!

i dont no y people think that one man can do all the work im sick of seeing this and they undercut us then get away with it wen the job goes wrong

In a opposing example, Gus @ Coupleatools ( Bubblecraft ) is a multi trader and is very good at his job.

a local know it all Sparky cross plumber/joiner/tiler recently charged one of my customers 20hours labour to fit one 900x1200 window! 20!!!!! and its was a bodge :lol:

B

Bubblecraft

Here's one I went to last week. Not as bad as above but got my back up:

emapabum.jpg
he7ysude.jpg
nunujaza.jpg
amuba8ep.jpg
upyqe5ud.jpg
evyvyru4.jpg
ade3uryh.jpg
ara2yheq.jpg
u3uduqup.jpg
y5udenuj.jpg
buhe9ury.jpg

And the kitchen:
2y7upebu.jpg
aha8upav.jpg
e3ysa5es.jpg
4upaha6u.jpg

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Cowboys in every trade.
I watched a bloke pebble dash a house near me,was a right mess,and after a year it's was thread bear(pebbles fell out,won't be right mix,no lime in it for starters) and the front had fallen off back to block work.
What did the house owner do,get him back to re render it ( and paid him) this time I watched him put It on and just rub it over with a sponge,then the house owner come out within a day of the 'plasterer'finishing it and painted it,it looks a right balls ,paint will be peeling off soon.
The bloody house owner is just as bad as the dodgy tradesman IMO,I priced that job but didn't get it cos I was to expensive .

stupid question, but why on earth would you get a plumber to do tiling? Jack of trades master of none, it aint rocket science. Never understand customers.

Hey Miss tiler steady on there. Ive just posted my congrats on you winning JOTM.
I'm one of them plumbers and also an electrician. I also have a science degree which took 7yrs to complete through the open university. so I am fully qualified even for your rocket science bit.
However I do tile but hold no qualifications :sofahide:

Reply to another plumbers job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
DIY Tiling; Advice for DIY Tilers So long story short, I have just purchased my first house and...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB