• Thread starter doug boardley
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 882
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss another "senior moment" in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

this morning Mrs Doug asked if I'd go to Asda after I'd been fishing for the friday night essential (wine, pizza, sweeties for the lads) No probs, and duly went to Asda and got the essentials. Confusion time came when I got out of Asda and started looking where I'd parked my van, couldn't see it anywhere:yikes::yikes: after 20 mins of circling Asda car park I did the mental "retrace your steps" thingy. That's when it actually awned on me that I'd gone home, had a shower and coffee and then went to Asda in ,,,,,the car!!,,,,not only that, but I walked past the car twice looking or my van!! I am losing it:lol::lol:

M

mikethetile

yes Doug

welcome to the club mate

I climbed down my ladder and instead of moving it over to the next window I walked up the road to the van and wondered where my ladder had gone and thought it had been knicked off the van, I was going to report it and walked around the ladder to get my phone from my jacket in the garden, did I feel foolish yes, was it time for the flask and a smoke........... definatly

S

SandyFloor

I'll tell you what that is, Doug.

My wife works at the local library. Last week and 82 year old man asked her for a particular book that wasn't on the main shelves. She went to look for it and had struggled to find it only to discover it was in front of her face all the time. When she returned with the book she apologised to the man explaining she was having a senior moment. He replied " No dear, thats a craft moment." She looked at him for explanation and he continued" Cant Remember A Flipping Thing." ( the word wasn't flipping)

C

CJ CERAMICS

i did something similar when i used to work in bolton town centre and used to drive to work.....finished work and went to the car park to get the car only to find that it wasn't there.....oh no its been stolen i thought, went to the police station to report it and while there asked if i could use the phone to call the wife..no mobiles then, the officer kindly let me use there phone as i had no money for public phone. conversation went like this....
" hi love it's me, er i'm at the police station cos the car has been stolen"
"WHAT" she said,
" i'm at the police station cos the car has been stolen"
"No it hasn't you moron, i have the car because i dropped you off this morning".

"ah, errrr, ummmmm I'll get the bus home...bye"

the officer was rollling about on the floor.:oops:

Reply to another "senior moment" in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I
I'll set the scene. The in laws invited us round for a BBQ yesterday, and these are always well...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, Been lurking around the forum for the last couple of days and began to feel a bit...
Replies
Views
J
just finished a job on the 8th floor of swanky new flats in my home town...worked in them...
Replies
Views
A
Well before i get into the selling circle itself there are certain things you need to know in...
Replies
Views
AMtek
A
Hi all Just thought i'd post to let you guys know what happend to me today trying to do a bit...
2 3
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
another "senior moment"
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.