Discuss Anyone else working strong hours? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

I'm working 10-12 hour days and more when pricing work. I'm really busy at the moment and realise come the new year things will go a bit flat over January as usual. I'm filling a few days there with a training course. I was caught out last week when I went down with a really bad cold and was out of it for a couple of days and had to reschedule a lot of work. I don't mind the Christmas rush cos I know there's two weeks of no working at the end of it.

H

hillhead

I worked a 12 hour shift again wednesday !! thats 38 hours in 3 days !
Another job finished so smack on target but........................
tonight after we got home my 16 year old lad asked my 18 year old to take him to buy a new phone so off they went ....
Phone call in a while... accident !!!
They hit a lorry hard on a bad corner,my 16 y/o broken wrist(still in hospital). My tiling helper- very badly bruised etc plus waiting on scans !!
Lorry driver ok,lorry badly damaged, car wrecked !
Lucky no one killed.
I'm alone tomorrow.. oops !

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Ahhhh. A type R. Well, if the lads to blame he wont be getting one of those again for a while mate insurance is mental these days with insurers upping premiums as they don't have money coming in from the financial and banking sectors which used to fund a bit of their costs etc.

Fingers crossed its the lorry drivers fault. But even then Admiral have quoted that "even those who claim that are not at fault are more likely to claim in the future so their insurance premiums will rise along with the party who's fault it was, though not equally" - the jokers! That was a quote from watchdog!

If he's filthy rich I have a mate selling an Evo 6 that owes the lad more than £30k and it's going for around £14k. Has the number plate E6 EVO. Which he'll sell for 3k without the car (that's worth much more too though to the right bloke).

I wish him a speedy recovery though mate and that's the main thing.

P

phil7677

glad they are not too badly hurt mate.
not so much working strong hours as such but trying to fit in uni, work, family and a missus that`s not well. time management classes needed for me i thinks :D just hoping the other half does not end up back in hospital again as it`s looking that way. and after 7 or 8 times in the last tow years for 2 weeks at a time we really don`t need that one again :D sick of seeing the inside of hospitals and the putrid smells

Reply to Anyone else working strong hours? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
We are currently getting our whole house refurbished. The standard of the work as been very high...
Replies
Views
I wonder if any one can give me some advice. I live in a fairly new build house that was built 8...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all - first post here :). I need expert advice on how to proceed.... I have hired a...
Replies
Views
ReX83
R
B
Hi all, First time here, and I am after a little bit of advice and some second opinions. We...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Anyone else working strong hours?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks