UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Anyone had experience with pumped SLC? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
The company I subby for has just won a massive contract to tile a supermarket floor. The first phase of the project is 1800m2. Floor will be DPM'd then latexed with Laybond screedmaster 2 ultimate. (Laybond have visited the site and advised this). I just wondered if anyone on here had any experience on this who could advise a reputable company to either do this or that hires the pumps?

T

Tim@Larsen

I'm probably a bit late on this one...
The leveller you're talking about is a bag and bottle. I've never heard of these being pumped before, I suppose it is possible in theory, but most common pump mixers are hooked up to a water supply. There are pumps on the market that would allow batch mixing which might allow the use of a 2-pack, but you would need to check that the product is pumpable.
Self-levellers which are to be pump-applied are usually made specifically for the purpose. If they are too viscous, the pumps struggle and there is then the risk extra water is added which leads to segregation, blocked hoses and all manner of bother!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
The company I subby for has just won a massive contract to tile a supermarket floor. The first phase of the project is 1800m2. Floor will be DPM'd then latexed with Laybond screedmaster 2 ultimate. (Laybond have visited the site and advised this). I just wondered if anyone on here had any experience on this who could advise a reputable company to either do this or that hires the pumps?

I have a feeling camfaud pumps do these sort of pumps these days. Try them. Speak to David Mann and tell him Alan Jackson from gyvlon put you in touch. It will need to be a pump with a mixer on it so a render toe pump.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Anyone had experience with pumped SLC? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Hi all. First time poster here so thanks in advance for any help you can give and apologies if...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, i'm looking into options for tiling courses in Scotland and wondered if anyone had any...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, I've got a 10m2 travertine floor to install in a kitchen. There are currently ceramic...
Replies
Views
chrissyboy71
C
J
Hi everyone, Jodie here, I registered a few weeks ago but have waited until now to give you the...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
V
I'm about to order the slate for the kitchen/breakfast room, and need to know whether this is...
2 3
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.