UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss b&q polished porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stevee

wasnt looking forward to my first time laying this,but it was a breeze

worked very clean,didnt seal before laying, but when they were down

applied LTP impregnator with a sponge mop effort, nice to work standing up, grouted ,washboy ,cleaned up real nice with J-cloths ,then sealed again and buffed

i think i read another post a few weeks back where someone had no bother with these too,steve

Attachments

• 9141.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 219
Last edited by a moderator:
C

craig1010

I did 50 m2 last year of the 600x600, and 42 m2 just a few weeks ago. The beige ones tend to mark very easily, even with a pencil. I know someone who had to change a tile after dropping a tea-bag on a tile prior to sealing. The black ones look fine at a glance, but will never look 100% clean, and look cloudy. It's something I'd tell anyone thinking about fitting them.
A man I did a job for recently left one sitting on his bathroom floor for a week as a sample, and noticed the water marks didn't wipe off, so chose a different tile.

B

beaney50

Have B&Q stooped using the transit wax on there polished porcelain

Bought the grey granite look porcelain 60x60 tiles @ B&Q last week for the ridiculous price of £5.30 for 3 but ever since my head is spinning from all the conflicting views on quality and installation
B&Q have large notices saying the tiles are waxed, the instructions inside say the tiles "may" be waxed & someone on here says it comes off with the paper in between the tiles but there isn`t any.
We tried using a wallpaper steamer on one tile & that didn`t get anything off. The surface does not seem to be waxy at all so I don`t want to spend a fortune on nanoscrub if it is not necessary.
I`ve had beetroot, red wine & oil puddles on the tile which don`t seem to
be staining the tile & there are no water marks from yesterday`s steamer experiment.

i personally hate all B&Q tiles,usually different size tiles in the same box and sometimes different shades,usually broke corners aswell.
for a few pounds more and with my trade discount you can get a decent tile from a tile shop. i know they have made an improvement in the tiles they sell but i dont look forward to using them and try and put the customer off going there.
wickes tiles are just a no go for me,will not put them up,terrible tiles and when i called and told them they just said "yeah well nevermind". 3 different shades of white in one box and 3 different sizes.
must admit in my local B&Q i havent seen these tiles but my local isnt that big and the tile choice is quite small.

Reply to b&q polished porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Please help me. Really having a nightmare here. Just moved into a new house and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new here and I need some desperate help. Recently got my dad to tile my kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi I've just laid 26m2 of wood effect polished porcelain tiles (quite high end from Italy...
Replies
Views
W
Can any one please help. I need some more tiles but B&Q have discontinued them. They are called...
Replies
Views
willamHughF
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.