UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss b&q polished porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

steeeevo

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

strange that everyone says you have to seal them and on the box they say you dont, i beleive you guys tho

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

I wouldn't believe everything that is typed here, inc. this.
However this thread has had over 2k views others over 5k so it's certainly of interest.
What you read on the boxes now is BQ response to 3/4 years of 'issues' with the 600x600mm porcelain that they have been importing.
18months ago (last time I used cream version) they were advising sealing the tiles, and the boxes clearly stated NOT for use on worktops and areas of hygiene.
At the end of the day you should test them for your own satisfaction - ref Red wine,oil etc and only go by what you find.

J

jay

The new nanofinish treatment, based on the application of new nanotechnologies, used also in the automotive and mechanic industrial fields to make the surfaces porosity-free, is applied on the tile surface by some special production lines, also together with other process like cutting, rectifying, semi-polishing and polishing.
The industrial application of nanofinish sets the replenishment of all the superficial microporosity, reducing the penetration of particles and stain formation.
A substance made mainly by Titanium Dioxyde (TiO2) is applied to the tile at a temperature around 90 celsius. This particular substance is able to enter in the micro holes created on the top of the tile by the polishing process (holes that are creating absorption). When the temperature is coming down to ambient temperature, the substance is expanding itself fixing and closing the micro holes. On the top of the tile you don’t have any film or wax, but all the microholes have been closed.
Advantage of the treatment:
- it doesn’t change technical characteristics of the material
- it ensures the replenishment of superficial porosity
- it reduces particles penetration on the surface
- it resists much more to stain formation
- it’s stable and permanent

extract from OZ tile council

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
beware of these nano finished products as well jay,i know they claim its pre sealed but i had a real issue with one last year

nero granite are the safest ones i have found as well in regards to being pre sealed jay i like them

i was told wheni looked into it that every factory is different in there manufacture and although they claim its nano technology sometimes they still need sealed? strange one if you ask me

nybor62

TF
rotherham
I was in B and Q getting some materials for a job this morning and i noticed these tiles. They do a nice grey that caught my eye. What also caught my eye was the price. At £15.00 a square metre for larger format, polished porcelain! Incredibly cheap i'd say, is this not enough to put people off?

you get what u pay for , personally i would,nt touch b&q tiles

Reply to b&q polished porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Please help me. Really having a nightmare here. Just moved into a new house and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new here and I need some desperate help. Recently got my dad to tile my kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi I've just laid 26m2 of wood effect polished porcelain tiles (quite high end from Italy...
Replies
Views
W
Can any one please help. I need some more tiles but B&Q have discontinued them. They are called...
Replies
Views
willamHughF
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.