Discuss B&Q - Tiling Course!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
I bought a B&Q tiling DVD from car boot sale a few years ago it showed the basics of setting out around doors, windows etc and the use of a gauge rod.

It of course promoted the use of the nasty B&Q tubbed addy and didn't mention you can't use it on big tiles!

I'll never forget I was in the builders merchants once and a guy came in with a dot & dabbed tile that had fallen off. He came in to complain about the ready mixed adhesive he had bought.

The tile was way too big for that addy, he had PVA'd his smooth new plaster and placed 8 blobs on each tile, they nearly all came loose while grouting. The addy on the tile (2 weeks fixed) was still moist and the PVA had come off and was sticking to the flat smooth blobs of the back of the tile.

He said the adhesive was faulty and wanted a refund, the counter rats said we've never had any problems before!!

When I told the diy'er his mistakes and that the adhesive he had bought was not suitable for the size of tile and that PVA was a no no, he was gratful but had never heard of powdered adhesive.

Reply to B&Q - Tiling Course!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Can anyone suggest how I might find some of these (or something very similar from another...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I know it's a long shot, we had our kitchen tiled in b&q tiles in 2017, we adjusted the kitchen...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

DJS

TF
Peel Hall, Manchester

Thread Information

Title
B&Q - Tiling Course!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.