Discuss Bad tiling job??? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

To put it bluntly, it's a terrible attempt at tiling. Professional? No. It looks like some guy who's farted about all his life and now dosent care has done that or some full of s**t kid who convinced the company he was good enough to give a go to. I'd say that tile wouldn't have been the easiest to work with however that aside the setting out and trim detail is shockingly bad. Sorry to pour petrol on the fire l, but you did ask :(

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Unacceptable workmanship there , I would condemn that if I tiler done that on a job for me........tiling is the finished article and needs to be done to perfection and that attempt is far from it.......I'd complain about that if I were you and get the company to employ someone to do it that knows something about tiling.......it really frustrates me when I see bad workmanship like this as it just paints a bad picture of the trade, another chancer making another mess!.....not good, not good at all......

O

Old Mod

To put it bluntly, it's a terrible attempt at tiling. Professional? No. It looks like some guy who's farted about all his life and now dosent care has done that or some full of s**t kid who convinced the company he was good enough to give a go to. I'd say that tile wouldn't have been the easiest to work with however that aside the setting out and trim detail is shockingly bad. Sorry to pour petrol on the fire l, but you did ask :(
OI! That's my job! :D

Well it's been a tough week trying to sort this mess.....

I have received a snooty reply from the Director of the company. His comments include the following...

"Tile spacing, tile layout and trim size are a matter of personal opinion. If you had a particular expectation in this respect you were free to express it at any time and this is a request we would have been able to accommodate" - Erm, aren't they suppose to be the experts on this?? :mad:

"Finishing a tiled wall with a full tile and varying grout joint is our accepted method of dealing with any variation in the ceiling and this looks considerably better than trying to scribe tiles to the ceiling which highlights any variation present from when the house was constructed"

What do you guys think?

H

hmtiling

Well it's been a tough week trying to sort this mess.....

I have received a snooty reply from the Director of the company. His comments include the following...

"Tile spacing, tile layout and trim size are a matter of personal opinion. If you had a particular expectation in this respect you were free to express it at any time and this is a request we would have been able to accommodate" - Erm, aren't they suppose to be the experts on this?? :mad:

"Finishing a tiled wall with a full tile and varying grout joint is our accepted method of dealing with any variation in the ceiling and this looks considerably better than trying to scribe tiles to the ceiling which highlights any variation present from when the house was constructed"

What do you guys think?
Utter rubbish!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
What is the professional method when dealing with a ceiling height variation.....Do you guys (The professionals :cool:) fill the void with nearly 2" of grout? or is it a case of bad planning from the start?
You cut the tile to the ceiling leaving a tiny gap 1 to 2mm for expansion to be silicone or chalked in.

I think his trying to worm his way out of the mess he's in by blaming you !!!
stick to your guns until they get it sorted. Have you paid them yet?
Unfortunately....Yes..They took my money from when the materials were delivered....I had to pay the fitter in installments (Their own fitter btw)...He played us!!!! Claiming that he needed money upfront for materials to do the job for us, then blaming a car accident preventing him getting to us unless he could hire a van, which he asked for further labour costs upfront.
Then the fitter claimed that his boss (The company) were harrassing him to pay his site survey fee's which was to do with our property? And that as he was skint, could we pay this upfront to him.
I'm really angry with myself and realise that all our money went without a completed job....But then you think you can trust an established company with their fancy showrooms!! :(

S

Spare Tool

What is the professional method when dealing with a ceiling height variation.....Do you guys (The professionals :cool:) fill the void with nearly 2" of grout? or is it a case of bad planning from the start?
So this guys saying they set out every bathroom with a full tile to the low point of the ceiling...what a load of Tosh, cut to the ceiling should be measured off the top two corners of the last full tile minus 6mm for spacer and joint to ceiling, don't think ive come across a level ceiling yet..

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Unfortunately....Yes..They took my money from when the materials were delivered....I had to pay the fitter in installments (Their own fitter btw)...He played us!!!! Claiming that he needed money upfront for materials to do the job for us, then blaming a car accident preventing him getting to us unless he could hire a van, which he asked for further labour costs upfront.
Then the fitter claimed that his boss (The company) were harrassing him to pay his site survey fee's which was to do with our property? And that as he was skint, could we pay this upfront to him.
I'm really angry with myself and realise that all our money went without a completed job....But then you think you can trust an established company with their fancy showrooms!! :(
Are they are LTD company?

Reply to Bad tiling job??? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB