Discuss Bad tiling job??? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

This one picture tells the whole story really.
image.png

I'm a bit confused......why were you paying the fitter and not the bathroom company....who I assume employed the fitter?
We thought it was strange....but on the contract that's what we had to do.
Pay the full balance for the materials 24 hours prior to delivery, pay 25% to their fitter on the first day then balance on completion.
I did think he was a sub but I was told that he works for them!?

S

Spare Tool

Pay the full balance for the materials 24 hours prior to delivery, pay 25% to their fitter on the first day then balance on completion.
This stinks to high heaven, ok I can see materials costs to be paid up front but 25% labour just for turning up, sounds like this outfit had problems before!!

O

Old Mod

I sub to a few bathroom companys but they pay me, I never get involved with there client other than to be polite and tell them how many sugars I take.
Seems a very strange set up, did you sign anything, like a contract of works with the bathroom company..
It's actually not that odd.
Aligage worked for a bathroom company that did the same. Maybe it's the same one! Haha
They were shysters too!
I was also approached by another outfit who wanted to work the same way.

T

Time's Ran Out

You should still have the balance to retain till its complete and your satisfied.
Your contract is still with the bathroom company they are the ones to take action against.
I don't think their terms are unreasonable as there are just as many customers from hell out there and once it's fitted you can twiddle your thumbs for your money.
It's just in this case they haven't delivered the basic standards that are acceptable in our trade.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
It's actually not that odd.
Aligage worked for a bathroom company that did the same. Maybe it's the same one! Haha
They were shysters too!
I was also approached by another outfit who wanted to work the same way.
What ties in the tiler to the bathroom company then ? ....they could just turn round and say he's nothing to do with them as there not even paying him..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bad tiling job??? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB