Discuss bathroom prob any help please in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

hemingway

just taken old bath out and looking to replace.its a double ended bath so taps in the mid.do i batton both walls the bath is going against for the bath to rest on for add strength.plus whats the best,tile then push the bath up or put the bath up against the wall then tile to the bath and third is the taps where single before and now its a mixer,22mm hot 15mm cold.will this pose a prob when running both together.cold is mains fed an hot is from the combi boiler.bescause the mains will be fed at a higher pressure will their be probs.thanks

on point three i have used the 20 mm and 15mm supply before without problems.the only problem is if you have enough water pressure to ensure hot and cold are strong enough to operate together.your hot water is via a combi which is mains pressure via a flow restrictor subject to the flow rate of the boiler.im not a heating engineer but have fitted this combination many times without problems.hope this makes sense,cheers.

D

destroyer2813

No issue with your water pressure either if your on a combi. Depending where you are your mains pressure may vary. Typically for domestic dwellings its 1.5 bar. Set your combi to the same using the filling loop.

Setting the gauge to 1.5 will make no difference what so ever the gauge is related to the heating not the hot water performance

H

hemingway

Why can't I tile over it.its thistle bonding coat undercoat for plastering, thought they wouldn't b a problem.l have filled holes around window on two walls.the walls are old style lime plaster.so came off abit when ripping old tiles off.other two walls I ripped out and replaced with moistersheild plasterboard from jewsons.tiles r ceramic 250 x 400.thought I could mybe prime an tile.now thats put job to a stop.

C

Colour Republic

I've just looked it up and sorry i've been mis-informed. I was lead to belive it gauged the water pressure through the system. Curious though as to why if the pressure is low it reflects in the hot water pressure?

It won't mate. The pressure guage only relates to the CH not the DHW

Only time low CH pressure will effect the hot water is if it's so low it prevents the boiler from firing

Reply to bathroom prob any help please in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
Hi all. I’ve tiled previously (ceramic tiles on walls only), with what I would deem as...
Replies
Views
andrewt
A
V
Hi im in belfast and been reading the fourms for a while now, lots of good stuff here, but i...
Replies
Views
J
D
Help we need your opinion on what other drill sizes you need. We have been asked to produce...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
A
Hello all, I'd really appreciate some advice about my bathroom. What was meant to be a simple...
Replies
Views
Alexyz
A

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB