Discuss Bathroom refit for best customers ever in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
I get fresh coffee every 30 mins, beer when it gets hot etc.. really nice people and a joy to work for. Makes such a difference when you really get on with them.

Job is a full bathroom and cloak room refit.

Bathroom:
P1.jpg

P2.jpg

P3.jpg

The 2 mirrored niches used to be windows on an external wall but there is now a large extension.

Bath out, won't be replaced, will be putting in a large shower tray
P4.jpg

P7.jpg

P6.jpg

P5.jpg

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Got very confused with the first fix of plumbing on this one. Had most of the floorboards up in bathroom and landing and it was like spaghetti junction. I would follow a run thinking 'that's the fella' and it would just dead end. Also had a shower pump to fit but was losing confidence due to what looked like 101 pipes. The reason for this was because of the extension. Long story short, I bottled it and got a plumber mate round and we got it sorted in a day and learnt loads - it had him scratching his head a few times.

Boxed the shower and basin feeds with hardibacker and plasterboard.
Shower area beneath window was plaster board and therefore tanked.
Tiles are 60x60 porcs.
P10101482.jpg

P1010069-1.jpg

P1010068-1.jpg

Used 20mm ply rather than NMP on this occasion so as to minimise step into shower. Also leant itself well to a full tile from floor.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Looks good Macten

How did you get on with the bathstore stuff?

Only fitted the shower tray and mixer feeds but no probs on that score. Wasn't involved with price side of things so can't comment on that. Checked every thing over when I got there and the floating basin unit they have got was damaged but was replaced quickly with no fuss. Surprised it was damaged - the bathstore stuff is taking up practically an entire room as every little part is boxed up.

S

Scott

The packaging is a nightmare! Thats pretty much all i fit these days and i like it. The shower valves are a pain but at least there is bags of room to tile around it.

Jut incase you havent done one before, leave at least 10mm gap between tile and the valve as there are rings on the back of the face plate and it wont go flush if you dont!

Edit: I just seen you have already tiled it

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
The packaging is a nightmare! Thats pretty much all i fit these days and i like it. The shower valves are a pain but at least there is bags of room to tile around it.

Jut incase you havent done one before, leave at least 10mm gap between tile and the valve as there are rings on the back of the face plate and it wont go flush if you dont!

Edit: I just seen you have already tiled it

Cheers for the heads up!
I dry fitted it all before I cut around it so it should be okay.
Did you recognise Bathstore gear from the shower tray?

C

Colour Republic

I didn't mind the bathstore gear to begin with until I went back to a job a year after I had fitted it and noticed all the chrome on the taps and shower valve had started to pit. They weren't cheap either. I know full well the taps were cleaned with nothing more than mild detergent and a soft cloth, the bathroom was always kept immaculate and well ventilated.

And how do I know?.... because it was for the mother-in-law:knife:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Get there this morning and customers asked me if it's possible to get rid of the old windows. I know if it was my bathroom I would have done that (less nooks and crannies to clean).
Downside is that the towel rad would have looked better on this wall now but it's a bit late now.

P1010082-1.jpg

P1010083-1.jpg

Relaid the electric feeds for the wall lights at equal distance in from each opposite wall. Also made sure the screws for these lights will fall on the grout line:
P1010084.jpg

Primed and a skim of rapid set:
P1010085.jpg

P1010086-1.jpg

Reply to Bathroom refit for best customers ever in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

L
Hello all, My in-laws are currently having their bathroom refitted (first floor) and having...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Thought I'd best post in the Arms... One of the things that annoys me the most is unreliable...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
J
Hello. My first post. After having good search, these tiling forums are the best I have come...
Replies
Views
I
C
Hi folks! Ok, this is my first post so please be gentle. In this post Im looking more for...
Replies
Views
Carl Morrison
C

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB