UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Bathstore.com in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Hey guys and girls,

I don't know if any of you do complete installations like me, or who is a tiler only etc.

Hopefully today i will complete my current install for a customer after a lot of hassle and problems with Bathstore.

I'm in the process of compiling a lengthy complaints letter to send to them and there "new" courier company.

Just wondered if anyone here had any feedback, or service stories when using said company?

O

Olz

I had a customer who's stuff wasn't delivered when it should have been and she tried to get a Cobb on with me, she dealt with them direct and I said I'd take delivery of it as I was there doing some work anyway!

Then it turned up damages so she had to send it back. I laughed as she was the customer from hell and tried to dodge payment, still the county court saw through her games and it cost her around 200% of the original cost by the time court fees and private bailiff charges had been added on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
I find bathstore the same as victoria plumb, B+Q etc....
Never had a full refurb where one of the following hasn't happened:
Bits missing
Bits broken
Sometimes bits present and undamaged but not fit for purpose due to inherent design flaws that go hand in hand with cost cutting at the manufacturing stage.
Fortunately they all seem to replace with no quibbles but you still lose out on your time. In an ideal world I would add on an extra £300 to my quote to cover these things as they are almost inevitable but most around my way think £300 will cover the labour for the whole job.

Last edited:
I've just had loads of problems with victoria plumb and there delivery of late I've been using them for ages and just got that cheesed off i closed my account with them they use delivery options (nightfreight) as there courier and they are pants imo never had a problem with them in the past but the last 2 delivery's were late should of been next day but wasn't and then another went to the right road but the wrong town rant over.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
If Victora Plumb's acrylic baths get any thinner I won't dare turn the taps on for fear of blasting right through!

Oh and B&Q, please stop selling your dirty cheap wastes and traps at highly over inflated prices, everyone knows they leak like sieves!

And to any of the manufacturers out there that supply toilets with all the gubbings pre-assembled in the cistern for my convenience please stop it unless you can learn how to do it correctly.

If Victora Plumb's acrylic baths get any thinner I won't dare turn the taps on for fear of blasting right through!

Oh and B&Q, please stop selling your dirty cheap wastes and traps at highly over inflated prices, everyone knows they leak like sieves!

And to any of the manufacturers out there that supply toilets with all the gubbings pre-assembled in the cistern for my convenience please stop it unless you can learn how to do it correctly.

just installed victoria plumbs whirlpool camden corner bath this morning when i switched it on the bath got bigger lol

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I stopped using Bathstore for there poor quality years ago. But, i got inticed back with a credit incentive. Dum dum dum!!!!

I only had a bathroom suite to replace, and to tile the floors in the en-suite and bathroom. Started on Monday last week and didn't really expect to still be there Friday....

The delivery was supposed to be there Tuesday. Got to 7pm and i went home. Got a call at 9pm though from the driver spinning me lines about problems at the depot and could he still deliver it! Wasn't going to disturb my customer at gone 9 at night. So they said to me "we'll bring it back in the morning". It never arrived.
After speaking to Bathstore and him chasing the courier i get told it will be a PM delivery. Between 1pm and 4pm. 6:30pm comes and no delivery.
I got the same **** and bull story the next day and was again told it would be with me at "3pm, on the dot" (words of the Manager at the courier company)
5:33pm it arrived, on two seperate vans. Neither of the "employees" of the courier company knew about the other and neither realised where the rest of there pick list was until the other opened his van doors.
I finally get round to installing the bath on Friday morning, worked Saturday and Sunday.
It gets better though, because of the BS surrounding the delivery etc. The guys were very helpful in placing the products in my customers garage. I found out why Sunday at 4:10pm. The pedastal was in two bits.

I've gone back this morning with a new ped and finally got the job finished today. But i've worked all weekend and pushed my job i was supposed to start this morning back until wednesday.

So long story short, Bathstore might of improved their products a wee bit, but their failure to invest in the DHL contract means their delivery service is dire to say the least!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
The plumber I worked with many moons ago used to get recommended by the showroom manageress for fitting suites for their customers, as they didn't do anything but supply. He always went to pick the stuff up a couple of days before the install date because of previous problems of stuff not turning up etc.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathstore.com in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
T
advice needed went to a job today that's been previously tiles by a bathroom installation...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
S
Hi all, I haven't been on here in ages ..apologies for that.....time goes so fast. But I hope...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
can't say I've ever been a big fan of tiling over existing tiles but if the customer needed a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.