Discuss Before i get it wrong i want to get it right! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

little ed

Evening all,

Ive been renovating a house since january and im finally about to get started on the bathroom with wet shower/room

My question/s is ive bought hardibacker 500 for the stud wall 12mm andim going to put hardiebacker 500 6mm on the brick wall. Now the rest of the brick wall has been dot and dabed with plasterboard.

How do i fix the hardibacker to the brick so it is at the same level as the plaster board?? im asking as the dot and dab is about 20-30mm and then the 9mm of plasterboard on top of that.

Also the floor has been striped to the beams, im looking at putting 18mm wbp ply, then 12mm hardie backer fixed with adhestive and screwed, tanking around the shower area, undrfloor heating, self leveling compound, tiles with flexi adhesive.

would this be right?? please advise so that i can change, also specific product to use would be very helpful.
Thanks for your help.

Ed

L

little ed

Hi Dave yes i saw that, but there is a quarter of the wall that is still bare brick. I plan to cover this quarter in hardiebacker which is 12mm if this is fixed to the bare quarter of the wall that is still bare brick. Including the say 6mm of adhesive recommended that would come to 18mm.
The remaining walls ahave been plasterboarded and are approx 20mm-30mm away from the wall. i was wondering how to have the hardiebacker at the same level as the plasterboard on the remaining walls?

Sorry if im not explaining myself correctly.
Ed

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Before i get it wrong i want to get it right! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Edd The Tiler
E
Hi All. I'm installing a new shower enclosure and hoping for some advice on fixing the 12.5mm...
Replies
Views
hmtiling
H
So... have a problem maybe some of you guys (and girls) might be able to help with. Laid a new...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
Hi all, i have removed all the tiles in bathroom and had it skimmed. Before i done this i noted...
Replies
Views
G
Hello all, Right...the Wife and I have just bought a right old project so funds are low, so I...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB