Discuss Best Business Bank for Tradesmen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Best Business Bank for Tradesmen

What bank are you with, and why?

Are you trading as a Sole Trader, Limited Company, or something else? Perhaps worth letting us know when you respond.

Also may be good to know how long you've been with them perhaps?

(Side note: apparently it's worth shopping around as much as annually to make sure you're getting the most benefit price-wise. But if you do, would that lack on service as you've not got to know your manager(s)?)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I'm with Halifax/Lloyds and have been for 7 years now. Had a load of trouble with them when they merged trying to speak to anyone at a call centre. Threatened to leave and they told me a shortcut on the dial pad to speak to a 'customer service agent' straightaway.

All has been good since then.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I bank with Natwest and you have a bank manager to call, normally one that covers 3 or more branches, but they still answer.

Was free for a while but then went ltd so its now all costing a bit. Wrongly or rightly I've not found a reason to shop around yet.

Wondering if this thread will change my mind though.

C

Concrete guy

Cyrrent bank - Barclays - Limited company. We find them just fine especially as I can make international transfers from my lap top and don't have to trapse to the branch - in fact I find them quite straightforward and helpful.

Been with Lloyds - simply shocking, Incompetence on a systemic level, it got so bad we ended up taking them through the Financial Ombudsman and being awarded compensation.

Natwest - got all the accounts open, waited for a debit card only to be told Natwest didn't have an arrangement with Visa for debit cards on Limited company accounts - I kid you not - I turned the air blue at that point. All to do with RBS/Natwest at the time - again shockingly incompetent at basic things.

Cyrrent bank - Barclays - Limited company. We find them just fine especially as I can make international transfers from my lap top and don't have to trapse to the branch - in fact I find them quite straightforward and helpful.

Been with Lloyds - simply shocking, Incompetence on a systemic level, it got so bad we ended up taking them through the Financial Ombudsman and being awarded compensation.

Natwest - got all the accounts open, waited for a debit card only to be told Natwest didn't have an arrangement with Visa for debit cards on Limited company accounts - I kid you not - I turned the air blue at that point. All to do with RBS/Natwest at the time - again shockingly incompetent at basic things.

I have been told to avoid lloyds as they are nicking money

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Best Business Bank for Tradesmen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'd like to try and encourage members to use their business name as their forum username where...
Replies
Views
D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
Google Adwords are running an offer at the moment and are giving away £75's worth of free...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
D
Can you help? Tell us about YOUR local and INDEPENDANT tile retailer, then get paid if they...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB